Sign in to follow this  
rachelrose

Black And White Pied Budgie?

Hey there,

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of any black and white pied budgied they may have. I am getting one from a breeder and would love to see others that you have :)

i would love to see this bird you are getting as there isn't black in budges. The closest so far is a dark grey and that is still a rare gene.

Maybe it is a lightly marked pied not showing any body colour with some wing markings that would look black and white but would still be a blue or grey pied.

A lot of people just call it as they see it lol.

He's a grey grey pied but only has a tiny bit of body color on him so he looks predominantly white with quite a bit of the black pied markings, but yeah I suppose I should have said that, sorry, Does anyone have any pictures of the same type of budgie?

sorry, I'm more technical with the types of budgies, didn't mean to sound harsh.

sounds like a recessive pied if there isn't much body colour.

There are some images on google of these kinds of birds.

Thankyou for the thread :)

I looked on google but I find budgie searches on there don't give great results.

Pictures :)

First... 35338s0.jpg

Then... 2vvjjgz.jpg

and Now... 30uvgk2.jpg

Let me know what you think!

He's really cute!

I love google image searches for budgies. My own photos come up! :D

Sure, they throw in a lot of birds that don't match your search, but if you are looking for say, cinnamon spangle violets, you can find a lot of nice ones.

Try this link. The only one of mine that came up this time is at the very bottom. It's a baby sitting on my hand, although it's not a recessive pied... http://images.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS424US424&q=recessive+pied+budgies&biw=1680&bih=825&sei=R1PoUN3uNJOyqAG6ooGIAQ&tbm=isch

It's a shame you had to sell her Vargur. She looks to have very fine long feathers a bit different to the normal budgie. Do you still have any like her?

It's a shame you had to sell her Vargur. She looks to have very fine long feathers a bit different to the normal budgie. Do you still have any like her?

HI Robyn!

Yes she was very lovely, but I had so many birds, I had to reduce a bit.

I sadly never breed her and I dont have any like her.

Here are my birds: http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index.php?showtopic=32484