Animalboy

Budgie Regurgitating On Mirror Then Eating It

Hi there, just looking for advice - our handreared budgie is regurgitating on a mirror toy and then eating it. To be honest, its quite gross and I gather from looking at other questions it is quite normal and obviously a sign of affection and he is ready to mate, but can someone tell me what I should do next? Do I take out the mirror, we aren't really keen on getting another budgie just at the moment, and hes quite happy with just us. He gets out of his cage every day for at least an hour and is a wonderful talker. Not sure what to do next? Any advice would be great! Thanks.

I'm no expert, but he is probably trying to feed the other bird in the mirror. It is quite often said on this forum that mirrors are not good for budgies and should be taken out of their cages.If he is getting enough attention from people in the house (which it sounds like he is) he will be fine without the mirror or another budgie. :)

Edited by Nadene

Got to agree with the Nadene. Except maybe the mirror bit, if you take his mirror. He'll find

something else You say he's out for an hour fly time Perhaps a little training to occupy his

time energy & brain power should help....B.J.

I would remove the mirror...it does their head in...no mirrors or shiny bell toys

I would also remove the mirror.