Cassabian

Two Hens Fighting

Hi everyone,

Today my two hens started fighting. I've had them for about 18 months and until today everything has been going perfectly fine.

It seems that they're fighting over their Happy Hut. Now, Peri has always seemed to be the more dominant one, however, Pickles seems to be the one instigating the fighting. They are the only two birds we have.

Any ideas on what we should do? Should I separate them for a while?

All advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by Cassabian

The happy hut is seen as a possible nesting site.............suggest you remove it totally. These things are a man made invention and totally not necessary for budgies at all. Budgies sleep perching not hiding in snuggle huts or happy huts. All it will do is promote a possible nesting site scenario and the fights you have your birds experiencing right now.

Toss the Happy Hut and you will have peace again. :)

Thank you SO much Kaz! Removed the Happy Hut and they're not fighting anymore! Funny thing is, now they're both looking at where it used to be and climbing on the side of the cage as if to say "Where did it go? I swear it was here before!!"

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!