Rashu

What Kind Of Chicks Can These Budgies Produce?

Boys:

Winter is a FBC Violet Cobalt Greywing?

424839_326347057406963_278988032142866_879132_1564408302_n.jpg

Sky is Dominant Pied (Violet?) Cobalt

407570_10150624612924680_776469679_11302901_1011598666_n.jpg

Girl:

Unsure about Vanilla…most likely an Albino female as she has dark red eyes…but also got faint baby bars.

419863_339180462790289_278988032142866_909334_1970551111_n.jpg

So I wanted to know the possible outcomes in the clutch if I were to breed:

a. Winter and Vanilla

b. Sky and Vanilla.

all too young

all too young

How is that related? It's not like I'm gonna breed them now, I just wanna know the possible outcomes in order to decide which 2 to breed in the future, based on that I'd pair them up soon and keep the couple in their own cage.

Albino hen to Violet Cobalt FBC Greywing:

All blues, (half having a Violet factor)

All split for Greywing, all males split for Ino.

Albino hen to Cobalt Dominant Pied:

All blues, 50% Dominant Pied

All males split for Albino.

So if you were looking for interesting colours, (the above is estimates, assuming the Albino hen isn't hiding anything or the males aren't split for a colour) then I'd say Vanilla with Sky, you'll get some Dominant Pieds instead of all Normals. :)

Well I am partial to greywings, so I would say to put Vanilla with Winter, and then you could find out whether she was split to greywing, or masking it. :D

all too young

How is that related? It's not like I'm gonna breed them now, I just wanna know the possible outcomes in order to decide which 2 to breed in the future, based on that I'd pair them up soon and keep the couple in their own cage.

This is related because you did not say when you would be breeding them and they are way too young and its still too early to be pairing them up in seperate cages. So, in light of it not being said WHEN I posted that they are far too young, which they are.

I see where Kaz is coming from and it was one of my first thoughts too.

You didn't say when you were going to pair them, you just said you were going to.

Look at it from Kaz's perspective, she's had to convince countless people to do right by their birds instead of themselves, she was just nipping this one in the butt early lol

Also, I'm not sure, but Winter kind of looks like a girl with all that blue around the nostrils

Also, I'm not sure, but Winter kind of looks like a girl with all that blue around the nostrils

NO Maddy! Don't go there! :o Poor Rashu has been through countless trouble trying to figure out Winter's gender! Winter is a boy, don't make him start guessing all over again.^_^

:D You can see here, for yourself. http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index.php?showtopic=31705

all too young

This is related because you did not say when you would be breeding them and they are way too young and its still too early to be pairing them up in seperate cages. So, in light of it not being said WHEN I posted that they are far too young, which they are.

I see where Kaz is coming from and it was one of my first thoughts too.

You didn't say when you were going to pair them, you just said you were going to.

Look at it from Kaz's perspective, she's had to convince countless people to do right by their birds instead of themselves, she was just nipping this one in the butt early lol

Oh, I guess I haven't thought about it that way...then I apologize.

I have 3 males and 1 female and other people have told me that if I house them all together the boys could fight over the female, which is why if I see that happening, I will separate the female...but wouldn't want it to get lonely,

so then I'd like to place her in a cage with one of the boys, that way I'd have even number of budgies in 2 cages. Which is why I was wondering which boy to house the female with if I have to separate the 4 (which is after Vanilla's quarantine period is over, after 3 weeks)...and so I'd like her to have the boy I might breed her with in the cage, so that they'll bond in the next 8 months, by the time they are ready to breed.

And about Winter's gender, I believed he was a she for the last 5 months...he recently started to look like a boy...lol

NO Maddy! Don't go there! :o Poor Rashu has been through countless trouble trying to figure out Winter's gender! Winter is a boy, don't make him start guessing all over again.^_^

:D You can see here, for yourself. http://forums.budgie...showtopic=31705

Haha, more like take a look at this.

http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=85293

Edited by Rashu

Haha looks like you've had quite a few problems with that one's gender lol

Don't worry, we've all been there

So you're getting Male from this forum, and Female from another.....

I'm going to stay out of this one lol