To Get My Budgie A Friend Or Not

Hello everyone,

I have grown up with budgies for the last ten years. Howevere, I have always had pairs. My budgie who is 5 years old is recently widowed. She seems to be doing fine and I have actually tamed her to sit on my shoulder and eat spray millet out of my hands. She has taken a liking to grooming my eyebrows and playing with my jewlery. My budgie lives in a very large cage that could fit 3 budgies in it and has very many toys that she likes to play with. She also is roomates with two bunnies which she enjoys hanging out with.

However, I have 3 cats. One cat has become more obsessed than ever for catching my budgie. I am very confused to what to do. My cats are going to be around for a very long time and my budgie is getting older. I don't know if I should get my budgie another budgie friend. I am making sure I spend lots of time with her and even bring her down stairs to watch tv with us in a smaller cage but she doesnt seem to want to play with any toys in the smaller cage.

I am so confused with what to do. Will my budgie be okay with just me and the bunnies and her toys to be her friends? She doesnt seem to take any interest in mirrors either but I want to be as happy as possible.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey Splash :)

From what you have said I would say just keep doing what you are doing. Your budgie seems perfectly happy with the interaction with you and sometimes adding another budgie just brings stress and additional problems.

I would say NO....dont get another, just keep things the way they are....great job with the taming and training too by the way

:)

Edited by **KAZ**

Hey Splash :)

From what you have said I would say just keep doing what you are doing. Your budgie seems perfectly happy with the interaction with you and sometimes adding another budgie just brings stress and additional problems.

I would say NO....dont get another, just keep things the way they are....great job with the taming and training too by the way

:)

i agree with kaz dont brake whats not broke

P.S. It's good that she doesn't like mirrors. Mirrors are bad for their mental state. :)

Thanks so much guys.

You made me feel so much better. She and my bunnies love their bachelor pad they live that they have no desire to leave. I feel bad for having to keep the door closed.

It's funny how I have had her for 5 Years and never wanted anything to do with me. And it took me 3 weeks to tame her. I love her so much and I wish I didn't have a cat that wants to kill her

She enjoys showering with me :) i wish there was. Way I could make her feel safer. She also doesn't care to eat anything buy seeds. How can o get to like other foods? She does share a nibble with the budgies veggie greens but no fruits. Amy ideas?