Sign in to follow this  
Perequito

Our New Aviary Extension

Hi everyone, SO EXCITING!!!!....we are in the middle of building an extension on to our current two flights - the new part is attached with a safety area, placed so that it serves 1 of the old flights too, which will be marvellous!

Current aviary...

OuraviarypicFeb2010.jpg

With new extension...

DSCF0386.jpg

We have an extra little smaller enclosure in the back there too if I need to separate birds or put spare youngsters in there temporarily.

Hopefully will get the last of the double wiring finished this weekend, get the roofing material on, & then work on building a simple shelter plus shelves for the nest boxes etc.

This lovely extension means I dont have to sell any of my pretty birds :) :) & Im really looking forward to giving them a lot more room to enjoy.

Soooo lucky & grateful that my husband is a carpenter!!!! :) It would be a pretty rough job if I was doing it on my own.

looks good.

Can you get a long picture that shows all the aviary parts next to each other please?

Hi Dave, will give it a go & get back to you :)

Looks great

For Dave...Hi there, here you go, I managed to get angled-up so I could get the whole lengthwise look - here are pics from both ends.

aviaryextension1.jpg

aviaryextension2.jpg

Almost finished now, just got perches & shelves to go, & get the shelter organised. Trying NOT to be impatient, but am 'busting' to get some birds in there hahahaha :) :) :NewaviarySept2011.jpg

Edited by Perequito

Thaks for the pics, looks great!!!!