b.k.2009

My New Budgies

Hi all i just got 4 new show budgies 2 cocks a grey and a olive green and 2 hens a cinnamon light grey and i think a normal green. i will post photos later today. i have them in quarantine. is there anything i should do special like worming on so on ? :) the birds come from a local SA breeder Sue Adams.

Re worming....that would be a question you should have asked SUE.........i.e. when did she treat them last, what with and for what ? Give her a call.

Re the OLIVE....is it really an olive or is it grey green. Many people get the two confused.

Hi All, here are the photos i promised

cock 1, is he a olive or a grey green ?

05062011_016.jpg

05062011_011.jpg

cock 2, this one is my favorite 2009 red ring, i think he is a normal grey

05062011_009.jpg

05062011_007.jpg

hen 1 , i think she is a normal green

05062011_006.jpg

05062011_005.jpg

Hen 2, i think she is a light grey cinnamon wing

05062011_002.jpg

05062011_001.jpg

please tell me what you all think about my new birds there pros & cons

here is my setup where i am keeping the birds cocks on the left and the hens on the right

05062011_017.jpg

Edited by b.k.2009

Grey green, not olive. Olives have navy blue tails not black. Nice grey hen :D

thanks kaz, how did i do on the other mutations as i am not good with mutations :D

thanks kaz, how did i do on the other mutations as i am not good with mutations :D

You got all the others right. Dont worry about the olive vs grey green thing. Most everyone gets that wrong at first, till they learn what to look out for :)

You got all the others right. Dont worry about the olive vs grey green thing. Most everyone gets that wrong at first, till they learn what to look out for :)

Thank you kaz, i now know how to tell olives & grey greens apart :)

Nice birds! Sue is a very kind lady, I hope she treated you well ;) The birds are very good. If I was you, I would pair the Grey Cinnamon Hen to the Grey-Green Cock, and the Green Hen to the Grey Cock.

Nice birds! Sue is a very kind lady, I hope she treated you well ;) The birds are very good. If I was you, I would pair the Grey Cinnamon Hen to the Grey-Green Cock, and the Green Hen to the Grey Cock.

Thanks Squeak_Crubble, i will wait until the NEBS tender sale on wednesday and see what birds i get. then i will decided the pairings. thanks for your suggestion i will keep it in mind for these pairs :D

that cinnamon hen is a stunner great buy all your hens should look like her :)

shes got good show quality's

get her a really nice big broard boy with lots of head qualitys to really bring her out

make sure if nothing he is big as in long and has big as you can get spots and a long mask

direction across his cere and forward push

the grey cock bird is nice

but dont be tempted to put him with her though (the cin grey hen)

although im positive you will get some ripper bubbys from him put him to a hen with loose feather and sit back and see your messy hen produce some rip snorters with him :) hes a very handy bird to have nice dense feather good spots be sure his hen has length in her mask and forward push to get best out of him

i myself would put your grey green cock bird to the light green hen

she is as long as him but with the top he is missing both have decent masks with nice rounded spots his is tad longer which is good her mask is bit more fuller also good

she has good feather behind head and direction on above the cere although she has not much push but all the right characteristics to go with him well

hes got feather above head although he does pull back he could just be doing this in picture she is tad short or cut off i say under perch hes got the length below she misses

you could put grey with her as hes got nice broad head in-which the grey green does not posses or does the light green hen so in pairing them could result in thin headed birds even though your got all other areas good

me id put wighth of head in after i fixed other areas but thats me

great starting birds

all have good quality necessary to start with

that cinnamon hen is a stunner great buy all your hens should look like her :)

shes got good show quality's

get her a really nice big broard boy with lots of head qualitys to really bring her out

make sure if nothing he is big as in long and has big as you can get spots and a long mask

direction across his cere and forward push

the grey cock bird is nice

but dont be tempted to put him with her though (the cin grey hen)

although im positive you will get some ripper bubbys from him put him to a hen with loose feather and sit back and see your messy hen produce some rip snorters with him :) hes a very handy bird to have nice dense feather good spots be sure his hen has length in her mask and forward push to get best out of him

i myself would put your grey green cock bird to the light green hen

she is as long as him but with the top he is missing both have decent masks with nice rounded spots his is tad longer which is good her mask is bit more fuller also good

she has good feather behind head and direction on above the cere although she has not much push but all the right characteristics to go with him well

hes got feather above head although he does pull back he could just be doing this in picture she is tad short or cut off i say under perch hes got the length below she misses

you could put grey with her as hes got nice broad head in-which the grey green does not posses or does the light green hen so in pairing them could result in thin headed birds even though your got all other areas good

me id put wighth of head in after i fixed other areas but thats me

great starting birds

all have good quality necessary to start with

Thanks GB. I will try and get the cinnamon hen a good cock bird and for the grey cock a good hen bird.On wednesday i should buy some birds at my clubs tender sale.

wish me luck ;)

take the two birds in show cages with you to sale if its your clubs

ask a member help you choose a quality partner for each bird

but dont forget what your other birds need to help them as no point buying birds just to suit one partner needs to beable to improve all your hens if a cock and or bring something to all your cocks if a hen

take the two birds in show cages with you to sale if its your clubs

ask a member help you choose a quality partner for each bird

but dont forget what your other birds need to help them as no point buying birds just to suit one partner needs to beable to improve all your hens if a cock and or bring something to all your cocks if a hen

Thanks GB for that great advice

welcome

As others have said you have some really nice birds to work with there.

I like your cinnamon hen and would be happy to have her in my flocksmile.gif

As others have said you have some really nice birds to work with there.

I like your cinnamon hen and would be happy to have her in my flocksmile.gif

Thanks you Taboo :D i am very happy with these birds

On your question of medication - Sue is pretty fastidious with the health of her birds, they shouldnt need medicating :)

On your question of medication - Sue is pretty fastidious with the health of her birds, they shouldnt need medicating :)

okay thank you for that Sunnie :)

Hi All. i got back from the NEBS tender sale, i bought 8 birds 4 to many :lol: . i will post photos tomorrow

the birds that i bought are as follows

COCKS

#1 Dark green / Lutino cock, bought it from Dennis Lomman its a 2010 bird

#2 Grey green cock i think but will comfirm tomorrow, bought from Ray Slade 2010 bird, Bloodline: Bruce Stafford

( i did not relise it it said on the card "does not grow tail" until i got home:( hope it not genetic )

#3 Cobalt cock, bought from Diana Trevarthen 2010 bird

#4 Blue cock ithink could be cobalt, bought from L Edwards 2009 bird

HENS

#5 Grey Cinnamon hen ( closely related to cinnamon 2nd Logan Shield 2011) bought from Ray Slade. Bloodline: Glassenbury / loveridge

#6 Grey Cinnamon hen, bought from L Edwards. Bloodline Edwards / Lomman

#7 Clear body sky blue hen, bought from Sue Adams, Bloodline: McCalister (QLD) / Mulley-Steve Elliott, 2011 bird

#8 Sky Blue hen, bought from Sue Adams, Bloodline: TLC / Kakoshke ( from grand champion cinnamon ) ( 2010 Maiden Hen)

i spent $120 on 8 birds i think i did good and bought some stunner hens at least not so sure about the cocks :D

Nice!

You will have to post pics :P

Photos as promised please refer to my last post for history of birds, enjoy looking at the photos and please leave me your comments of what you think of my birds :D

COCKS

#1 Dark Green / Lutino Cock From Dennis Lomman

09062011_012.jpg

09062011_014.jpg

#2 Grey Green Cock from Ray Slade

09062011_022.jpg

09062011_020.jpg

#3 Cobalt Cock from Diana Trevarten

09062011_004.jpg

09062011_002.jpg

#4 Sky Blue Cock from L Edwards

09062011_008.jpg

09062011_007.jpg

HENS

#5 Grey Hen from Ray Slade

09062011_030.jpg

09062011_033.jpg

#6 Grey Cinnamon Hen from L Edwards ( she just had a bath will take another photo after)

09062011_026.jpg

#7 Clearbody Sky Hen from Sue Adams

09062011_035.jpg

09062011_034.jpg

#8 Sky Blue Hen from Sue Adams

09062011_038.jpg

09062011_037.jpg

I think they look gorgeous, really love those blue ones! Especially the "Sky Blue" ones, really pretty :D

I think they look gorgeous, really love those blue ones! Especially the "Sky Blue" ones, really pretty :D

Thanks Vicky :D

All those birds for under $200 you have done wellsmile.gif

All those birds for under $200 you have done wellsmile.gif

Thanks Taboo :D