• Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

Having had a one legged budgie that not only coped but did amazingly well in the aviary, I have learnt not to place limitations on these crippled guys. The only limitations that have are those they impose on themselves. He may surprise you,

kaz do you think its a cock bird

ill get a better cere shot if you need

he is very cute and loves snuggles just wanted to know of any thing i needed to explain to his new home if when he gets one untill then he lives here

will he need special perching or should i not assist him like that so he is made to work him self so far hes been made to just deal with the cage floor when he walks he has to try use his foot to get footing

should i tell them to put things to make his life easy or just no let him work it out himself ?

well i still got few culls left Taylor :P pitty you dont need anything as i was going to just take 20 for each them or 150 for the lot

think theirs

violet cock

sky violet dom cock

grey dom pied hen these two half bro sister on dads side

/ lacewing grey green cinnamon cock

just to name a few that were not claimed i was going to give it a few months then pet shop them

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

That is what my dark green looked like at 3 weeks but his hip was out and his foot had no feeling in it, it just hung there but he came good after I cut his ring off, his leg and foot blew up , the poor little fella but any way I managed to cut his ring off an dafter a couple of days his leg went down and now he has feeling in his foot. weird.

But yes he can live happily with on leg.

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Having had a one legged budgie that not only coped but did amazingly well in the aviary, I have learnt not to place limitations on these crippled guys. The only limitations that have are those they impose on themselves. He may surprise you,

kaz do you think its a cock bird

ill get a better cere shot if you need

he is very cute and loves snuggles just wanted to know of any thing i needed to explain to his new home if when he gets one untill then he lives here

will he need special perching or should i not assist him like that so he is made to work him self so far hes been made to just deal with the cage floor when he walks he has to try use his foot to get footing

should i tell them to put things to make his life easy or just no let him work it out himself ?

Hard to say with those photos as he has the black melanin over his/her cere.

My one legged budgie use his part leg as a stump to rest on .......he perched and he used ladders. Only thing he couldnt do was mate a hen.

Extra platforms and ladders might help. A cage designed for rodents have platforms.

Pegleg pete http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index.php?showtopic=22658&view=findpost&p=267683&hl=pegleg&fromsearch=1

Edited by **KAZ**

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

Some SUPER youngsters there GB. Looks like the work is paying off!

Some of the brow of those birds is just fantastic. Interesting to have seen the progression of your stud over the last few years. Keep up the great work.

• Member ID:  4,737

Some SUPER youngsters there GB. Looks like the work is paying off!

Some of the brow of those birds is just fantastic. Interesting to have seen the progression of your stud over the last few years. Keep up the great work.

thank you nubbly

to hear that from you makes me feel good

i really want to make sure the birds i brought from you and the few you so kindly gifted me are used to their best ability

and i hope that i will be able to possibly buy a few more birds from you when it comes time for your cull so would be interested to be notified when that may happen in future

i truly believe it was your birds crossed with a certain other stud that got me this lovely brow keeping it will be the challenge i need to work on size after i work on direction and feather

well busy busy washing show cages ready for entering my chicks in shield selections

will find on Monday what if anything i get in

im doing two a night so its not over whelming bleach each in everyone scrub then a wash im going to paint them too

this time just the chips in marks not going to touch insides

Found out today that you can show Purple rings, orange rings and both rings on the birds, god use to disqualified for having double ringed the birds.

Happy about it anyway because if I can afford to go the sky can go now, he should be an orange ring anyway but I kept putting the purple rings on into early September. He is a great big bird and hopefully do well.

Found out today that you can show Purple rings, orange rings and both rings on the birds, god use to disqualified for having double ringed the birds.

Happy about it anyway because if I can afford to go the sky can go now, he should be an orange ring anyway but I kept putting the purple rings on into early September. He is a great big bird and hopefully do well.

you sure about that

as i was told only orange ???

its all c.ra.p i think they should go back to old ring issue

• Member ID:  5,463
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  880
  • Birthday:  09/05/1966

you sure about that

Either or both is fine.

I agree - let's go back to the old ring issue date.

Cheers

PT

you sure about that

Either or both is fine.

I agree - let's go back to the old ring issue date.

Cheers

PT

thanks for that mate

yep everythings been f..d around and birds are really not going to be fairly judged at young birds shields as they will be adults and all its really stupid i think a few people need to pull their heads out of their butts and start to veiw the situation if i dont mind saying so myself

its only going to worsen not get better also i heard they were moving the shields

and i heard it was going to be further out

all i can say is i have enough issues getting to any bird shows now the only ones i can ever attend are Preston so .... ill be out :( not by choice either :(

I agree, the ring issue date now Sucks big time , I actually hate it.

And if the move the shield to some where I am to scared to drive I won't be going either.

I am trying to work out now how to get to Preston.

Gb I think I am coming to the shield with 2 birds in out whole team, my 2 birds a lt green spangle and a sky..

well at least you will be making the effort hun and your two birds are beautiful so should be worth the trip i believe if you can make it

im going to bring you your judging stick if you do make it other wize ill just send it i have the package to send it in im just been lazy

also kaz is waiting on her package ....ill get my bum into gear and post them both on the Sunday from Preston if i comes down to it

cool the birds will love that beautiful judging stick, I am sure they will perch straight away as they see. lol

I will try to come.

Being show training birds today and yesterday, the spangle is a bit naughty he prefers to sit on the floor.

• Member ID:  6,842
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  231
  • Achievement Points:  1,355
  • Birthday:  01/05/1972

Yeah I am not sure I like the new ring issue date, it's confusing and from what I understand I won't be able to show my birds as young birds 2013 which is really disappointing.

Good luck GB with pre-selection. For me it looks like this lot of chicks will be a couple of weeks too early to be considered, still a week or so off knowing for sure but I am happy with the way a few are looking. PT's birds look like they have thrown me a couple of gooduns including 7 in one nest.

Yeah I am not sure I like the new ring issue date, it's confusing and from what I understand I won't be able to show my birds as young birds 2013 which is really disappointing.

Good luck GB with pre-selection. For me it looks like this lot of chicks will be a couple of weeks too early to be considered, still a week or so off knowing for sure but I am happy with the way a few are looking. PT's birds look like they have thrown me a couple of gooduns including 7 in one nest.

yes id love to get a pt bird or two brothers from his pied line however im not able to afford them :( so ill just keep working with my little 20 to 50 dollar birdies ;)

thanks fordmob im not sure i have any worthy though pity my albino has just started braking its cap shes a beautiful hen :wub:

Dan with the ring issue, You can show purple rings and orange rings next year at the diploma shows but you can only show the purple rings at the young bird shield.

So the babies you are breeding now, orange ring, you can't show them at the young bird shield until 2013. It's all very confusing.

See like now they must be down on birds for this shield so they are allowing purple rings too plus double ring birds.

Yes GB know how you feel, I have those 2 really nice Dk greens one is starting to change in the cere and the other which I think is better HAS NO RING, sad hey, I had to cut it off, so he can never be shown. :(

The sky spangle was plucked on the back of the head by mum so he has pin feathers growing there, can't show him now, sucks.

• Member ID:  6,842
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  231
  • Achievement Points:  1,355
  • Birthday:  01/05/1972

Ah good, Digby would have been shattered if i told him that we couldn't show for another year.

• 1 month later...

well as the last few weeks have been nice days i have had my cam out a few times and have taken updated pics of my birds

so im just going to randomly post most of them , but i think you will see a few new additions in the mix also thanks to our dearest splat the sight NEW promoter

see if you can guess who

splat shhh no give ups okay

lots my youngsters going through their first molt dropping spots most looking skanky stage hee hee but cant wait for the end result some look rather nice

also took some of the babys just came out last week

and one whom looks like im going to have to feed due to its bit young but didnt want mum to relay and dad or mum stopped feeding so its up too me as the kinda cage guys wont feed it :( ar well such is life better one then ten

so ill start with it

not sure on its sex im thinking cock but

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

this bird if it is a cock is split lacewing and its yf as its fathers a double factor yf grey

knowing my luck its a hen and being the only nestling a wasted round yet again with this pair cause stupid me forgot if a yf grey is paired to a green bird it can only take on yf or the green genetic but as its not a green / blue hen then all chicks are going to be green yf so that making all chicks yf but not split blue however i sold all green chicks last round expecting a yf chick from them not a green yf chick i know what one it was too so im rather a bit stupid but oh well to late now whats done its done and in future ill try and remember not to be a complete cockhead and forget

okay moving on

young out recently

opaline grey hen

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

this hens sister two the dompied from last few months and another dom from this round im rather pleased i got two hens this time but bit confussed as both dompied s have opaline but normal back of head both were white down yet both seem to look normal with bad opacity in there wings but the down was white so im calling opaline but i really do wonder

IMG_2561.jpg

pied back of head and wings what you all think

pied with dad

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

its a hen i think i mentioned that dads opaline mum is cinnamon normal so i think it has to be opaline im bit rusty on genetics very rusty

her is the pied cock bird just starting molt

their brother hes the one that had a big tail cyst

i cut open pulled all feathers out and benidined him he grew it back just fine still regrowing it

IMG_2263.jpg

okay yf grey boy starting to drop spots

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

his yf opaline grey sister

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

the sky brother of both same clutch

IMG_2277.jpg

and their sister from second clutch of which due to food tanting i lost all 6 but this one chicks and mum :(

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

more latter

• Member ID:  4,130
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  4,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25,112
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

looking great GB! I dunno if it's because I haven't been around the site for a while but your birds look like they've improved quite a bit. You must be doing something right :D Keep it up.

looking great GB! I dunno if it's because I haven't been around the site for a while but your birds look like they've improved quite a bit. You must be doing something right :D Keep it up.

thanks jimmy i think they have i owe it all to martin one the members of dandy and his advice and helping guidance ,lessons on stud maintenance and and patience with me he really has taught me a lot of stuff you don't even consider as important yet its these things that have changed the direction of my stud and my out look on things

he really deserves a big cootoes from me :)

its nice to know that someones just a call or email away with advice or answer to question really makes the differents hes made me hang in their a few times now :)

just knowing someone actually does give a hoot helps

There are some very nice babies there Gb, you must be stoked. As for the pied you got me they look normal don't they.

There are some very nice babies there Gb, you must be stoked. As for the pied you got me they look normal don't they.

yep very weird indeed either very bad opalines or very bad normals lol

IMG_2561.jpg

if you look it looks both

even my spangle looks weird hee hee their all just weird

okay few more since she was in the last picture my sky cin spangle again she had white down but not opaline so ....

IMG_2557.jpg

the pied again side on

IMG_2552.jpg

a cinnamon hen just starting to molt

IMG_2546.jpg

cousin to the skyblue spangle

yf albino starting to molt

IMG_2544.jpg

this is my first ever breed albino his names flat cat cause he always flattened to show cage floor :)

hes 09 breed september 31st i think and 010 ring

IMG_2540.jpg

hes very fertile 10 chicks ten eggs :)

a cinnamon light green (dan this is that hen ) didnt tuirn out as nice as i thought but still time yet

IMG_2537.jpg

two split ino cock birds both 2 months old

IMG_2531.jpg

in this next picture everyones related bar the green

the two ino hens on right are full sisters the cinnamon is their cousin and the ino lower down is the top two on rights neaice :)

shes just 011( the hen in the competition thread )

and bellow them the grey is split ino half bro to the cin hen

IMG_2524.jpg

heres a close up of the 011 hen just starting to molt now

IMG_2522.jpg

pics are bad as its through mouse wire and 10 ml (double wired flight )

more later

They look great Gb, really nice birds there. Love that albino hen, hmm don't I remember something about her coming for a holiday to splats placelol

They look great Gb, really nice birds there. Love that albino hen, hmm don't I remember something about her coming for a holiday to splats placelol

lol soon one can have a predominant stay at yours hee hee

im sure if all works out next year its a def possibility

here is grandad of the skyblue cinnamon spangle hen

IMG_2519.jpg

heres the yf skyblue boy starting molt

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

sky blue boy i think hes split ino wont know till next year i lost a few chicks

in mix ups fostering but they all lived so

IMG_2514.jpg

my ino cock this boy came 11th in the ubc shields not top ten but im still happy

IMG_2513.jpg

this cock bird is a big life line to one my lines i really tryed so hard to start but seems was dommed from start due to inexperiance stupidity and being to trusting

happens that with out him it would be lost before it starts really

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

and another key in the link

IMG_2499.jpg

okay now here is my latest clutch they are last chicks to hatch and last pair still rearing

my own breed yf green /lw cock

and house breed lacewing hen

5 chicks would have been six but oine did pipping a lacewing two just as murphy ordered grrr

but 5 is great two yf lacewing hens white my first white lacewings breed ever im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy jan woot woot

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

the babys today

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

okay i think i have bored you guys enough lol

That green spangle is a beauty lovely directional feather, and he is yellow face too.

Hey that sky violet he looks fluffed up or is he just having a feather blow.