Sign in to follow this  
Jabberwocky92

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

For the past couple of days Dalek has been trying to escape his cage. He has heaps of toys and I let him out for a fly around my room but when ever I put him back in to his cage he tries to open the door and escape again and then sits up on his perch quietly.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get him used to being in the cage longer as I can't keep taking him out now i have to deal with school work again.

For the past couple of days Dalek has been trying to escape his cage. He has heaps of toys and I let him out for a fly around my room but when ever I put him back in to his cage he tries to open the door and escape again and then sits up on his perch quietly.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get him used to being in the cage longer as I can't keep taking him out now i have to deal with school work again.

I had the same problem with my boy as a baby. I just made sure I never let him out when he was trying to get out- I would only let him out when he was calm. He cottoned on pretty quick.

I had the same problem with my boy as a baby. I just made sure I never let him out when he was trying to get out- I would only let him out when he was calm. He cottoned on pretty quick.

Ah, okay. Thanks for that tip, I think i'll use it in the future. LOL I'm just worried because he has come from a flight aviary and now he's in a small cage in my room. Well not small, big enough for a budgie and I will be getting a bigger one in a few months time LOL.