Sign in to follow this  
2pedersens

Recent Jaunt Into Town

So my husband and I were visiting pet stores today and ran into some really nasty things. This place had two obviously sick budgies. I'm not quite sure what is wrong with them but I took some photos hoping you guys might know. I believe it's something respiratory as the top budgie's cere seemed inflammed with discharge from the nostrils. Both budgies kept rubbing their beaks against posts. We hunted down an employee and informed him that two of the birds were sick. They are in two separate cages with other budgies and I pointed out that if it's something infectious, it's probably spread among the others. While we were watching, the sick budgies were being preened by "healthy" ones. I wish I had has a better camera on me. My phone camera doesn't do justice to the extent of the stains above the ceres as the stains are much darker in person. I'm not sure if I should call them up with my findings or go in person?

On another note we were told that we couldn't take photos of any of the animals as a company policy. When I asked why, I was told that it's so someone can't come into the store, take a picture, and send it into PETA complaining of abuse and then sue the pet store. What a load of hogwash!

sickbudgie2.jpg

sickbudge.jpg

Get the RSPCA on to them as soon as possible!

Or if you are in America go to the ASPCA I think they are called.