Finnie

Are We Allowed To Print Things From Here?

I'm assuming we must not be allowed to, cuz I just tried to hit "print page" and it closed my web browser. (Twice.) So I was wondering, is that maybe because of a copyright infringement, or something? There was some info I wanted to look up, and when I found it, I just thought it would be nice to have a paper copy that I could refer to when I can't get a turn on the computer.

Or maybe since I'm not real computer savvy, maybe I was just doing it wrong. It seems to me that I have a paper copy of something else I got from here before. It has the BBC logo across the top of it. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?

.....okay, so I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, it took me a while to realize I could just copy and paste the info I wanted into a word document, which I can print. But I'd still be interested if anyone knows a better way, for future reference.

(I don't think I broke any copyright laws. It's just info I put on there myself anyway, and just for my own use, not to publish or anything. :D )

Edited by Finnie

It may be an issue with your printer, as opposed to the website.

Anything put online enables you to have a hard copy (printed version) of.

You are not breaking copyright by printing work. You are breaking copyright by altering the format of work in some way. For example, if you access something without the authors permission, then you are breaking copyright. All articles on here have the authors permission.

Printing of information off this website is not a legal issue.

Edited by **KAZ**
typos

Agree, must be an issue with your computer/printer because I could print the page no worries. I agree with Dave too, but I'll add, I also think it would be unethical to print information from here, and the bind it up and sell it to benefit yourself. Not that you'd do this...

When sharing information it is always best to put down the source where you received the information. In our FAQ section depending on the topic some of it is from our own knowledge and other information we have a source linking to that article or individual. Of course you can always share the site with people and we would love for them to be members too.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I bet it WAS my computer. Our printer is always giving us trouble, and I bet there is some kind of communication problem between the computer and the printer. :P

Often prinitng problems occur when you try to print web pages that are online. It requires more memory. You can save the page to your desktop, open it to print, print it, then delete it. This eradicates the memory problem. Try it and see how that works.

That worked pretty well, except that it got sent to some random folder, and then I had to go search for it. But that's my fault, because I didn't know how to save it to the desktop properly. :rolleyes:

Then when it printed, it cut all our names in half, but it showed all the content, and it was kind of nice, because I thought it was going to use up a lot of color ink printing the logo and all the colors of the forum, but it only printed the text. :) So I think I like this option, for future on line printing needs. Thank you Dave.