getting mum to agree

Guest budgieteen

Guest budgieteen

i want to breed two of my budgies (i am pretty informed on the subject)

my budgies are of the right age and all those kind of things but at the moment my mom is at work and when she gets back i am going to ask her if i can introduce a nest box..

what would be the best way to try and persuade her??

i really want to and i think i would be a good breeder and i also have enough spare time and such to care for babies if they need it.

i don't know how to ask her..

Guest Sky

introduce a box and let them get on with it, then tell her they have hatched, she wont have a choice then (Laughing out loud) she will have to fall in love with them.

ATD

Guest Andy

i agree perants secretly love all pets :(

if she dosent know much about budgies tell her its a bed for them to sleep in and one day go to her all surprised and go woah they laid eggs :(

i think it all depends on your perents, if they are supportive of you owning pets then just be straight with them and ask if you can breed them, if they dont like pets then get them drunk and ask them, or deception all the way!

Guest Julie

O.K. speaking as a parent here goes:- Tell her you would like to talk to her about your budgies first(that way she won't worry that you are about to tell her much much worse!?!). Then show her all the research you have done and all the info you have gathered and ask her would she have any objections to you going that one little step further and introducing a nest box. She needs to know you are prepared to take on all the extra responsibility and not let it get in the way of any other responsibilities you may already have. be prepared for her to put obstacles in your path(she's only worried that the responsibility might fall on her shoulders),so listen to them calmly and have your replies ready to show you've done your homework.

Keep it all calm and pleasant and let her know you value her opinion.

Good Luck!

Hope this helps some.

Julie.

Guest budgieteen

i asked her if i could introduce a nest box and she said would they have babies, so i said i wasnt sure but they might and she said it would be good if they did! :(

(but she said she wanted to makes sure that she doesn't end up looking atfer them!)

Guest Andy

hehe sensible advice

although it might work better to approach it like this "mum sit down, there is somthing really important i need to ask you about" (looking very serious at this point) "i want to have babies........ (major pause).... baby budgies that is". she should be so relieved and in a really good mood she would say yes straight away :(

Guest Andy
i asked her if i could introduce a nest box and she said would they have babies, so i said i wasnt sure but they might and she said it would be good if they did! :(

(but she said she wanted to makes sure that she doesn't end up looking atfer them!)

cool! bet you cant wait to go out and get a nest box :(

Guest Carmz

ha ha ha ha ha :(Laughing out loud):

thats some of the most funniest advice i have ever heard !!!

hope it all works out for you... good luck

Guest Julie
hehe sensible advice

although it might work better to approach it like this "mum sit down, there is somthing really important i need to ask you about" (looking very serious at this point) "i want to have babies........ (major pause).... baby budgies that is". she should be so relieved and in a really good mood she would say yes straight away  :D

Andy! NO NO NO you can't DO that to her poor old MUM! :D

Guest Andy

sure she can :D, its not like se would even be doing anything wrong so she couldnt be punished hehe, im surprise you are not out right now getting a nest box, bet you cant wait for the little bambinos :parrot:

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

As a parent, i'll give you a clue. you say Mum. I need another 99p to save up for the nest box. Can I do some extra chores (I assume you do chores) to ern the money.

She'll think of a few things you can do. :D

My kids always asks me this way. I always find things for them to do. :D

• Member ID:  860
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

Do your parents accidently drop small change all over the place? One time i went on a coin search of the house and finished up with about $4! Bargin i think for doing nothing. :D

Guest budgieteen

the nest box ended up costing ?5, but its one with a sliding door thing with see through plastic there so you can check the eggs