Elly

Member Speak Out

Your Opinion  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The new boards have been up for just about a month and we as ADMIN/Moderators would like what you like and don't like about the new boards.

Please vote and post your opinion below in a respectful way and following board guidelines. Opinions always matter but with the guidelines and will be deleted if not followed. :)

I don't like the new format much because it is a lot slower than before, harder to find things but also it does have it's good points BUT my main problem is that everytime I reply to a post I get cut off and I have to load the forum again so I am annoyed and frustrated by it all that I don't bother coming on much any more. I downloaded google chrome and it still does the same thing. Any help would be most appreciated.

Sorry to hear you're having probs Splat. I dont have any problems with it, I like it generally overall, but I would like to see the old emoticons back :)

I agree with Sunnie. No problems for me. I would also love to see some new colours/banners/skins on the forum. Make it a bit more unique other then the good ole' default blue :P

Sorry to hear you're having probs Splat. I dont have any problems with it, I like it generally overall, but I would like to see the old emoticons back :)

i also prefer old forum much ,much easy-er i just learnt how to do that took me one whole year now im really having troubles cant even find members in serch come up with myself everytime grrr

and no emos :{

i went to new forum that has our old format as i cant work this one out

i can post but thats about the end of it all the other stuff status extra i have no clue how to use or get to i want shout box back pweeeeeeeeeeze :{

oh and i dont like that one the topic names is so close to my web sight name

new chicks on the block

as my web page is new chick on the block that really really sucks :{

Edited by GenericBlue

Overall I really like the new format but I miss the active topics for the day/week/month option. After the topic has been read it disappears.

I haven't had any problems that can't be solved... Like the changes that have been made.

I don't like the new format much because it is a lot slower than before, harder to find things but also it does have it's good points BUT my main problem is that everytime I reply to a post I get cut off and I have to load the forum again so I am annoyed and frustrated by it all that I don't bother coming on much any more. I downloaded google chrome and it still does the same thing. Any help would be most appreciated.

If its happening with both browsers you may need to check your antivirus settings.

Overall I really like the new format but I miss the active topics for the day/week/month option. After the topic has been read it disappears.

Me too :D

Me too :D

Doesn't for me?

I meant I miss the active topics for the day/week/month option.

I meant I miss the active topics for the day/week/month option.

yes thats my main issue as thats how i found things :}

But if it is my antivirus doing it how come it is only on this forum and no where else. Like just now I went into this topic and it closed me down and normally it's only when I reply. I go into facebook, ebay and other budgie forums and none of this happens, so I don'tget it. sad

Yes I miss the emotions too and they were much easier to use before. I also miss the day,month thing too.

i miss the emoticons!!!

it always appears as a red "X" instead of the great selection of smiley faces and what not =[

i like the sleek, clean cut design, but i too like GB miss the "shout box"

but i like the status update, that is a good addition

other than that i have no other requests or complaints??

so overall pretty good

Hey all I think things are working better, I have posted twice and I haven't been shut off, last night I went into google chrome, I didn't have it running probably so I fixed that and I also cleaned up my laptop a bit. Kaz said it must be my antivirus so I checked all that and it is all running probably and I scaned my laptop and found nothing, I use AVG 11.

So far so good so I am happy now, I have deleted my vote because if it keeps working like this I will vote positively.

Doesnt the member status update work similarly to the shout box as a replacement?

Kaz said it must be my antivirus so I checked all that and it is all running probably and I scaned my laptop and found nothing, I use AVG 11.

I didnt mean you had a virus or a bug. I meant your settings in your antivirus.

you may need to check your antivirus settings.

Doesnt the member status update work similarly to the shout box as a replacement?

Yep, same thing, different name in my opinion... I like the way the status updates work. It would be great if I could like it into my facebook status but I think that was something Adam said he would look at down the future...

Its great to have all this feedback.

Over the next few months I hope to add the following features:

• SHOUTBOX!
  • Members list
  • Emotions
  • Portal
  • new skin (colours ) options
  • and possibly a photo Gallery :)

Keep the feedback coming, its much appreciated :)

Well happy to report that everything is working great now have not been shut down once today happy, happy happy.

So after my frustrating experience I am pleased to say that I am very happy with everything now. But emotions would be great.

Does anyone else have problems posting photo's. I check pixel size on photobucket before I post.

After I add same picture to post it's much bigger I have re-uploaded picture from file etc. still same result.

If I stick to med upload on p.b it seems to be better, I don't know if it's me or if others are having trouble as well.

Is there any spell check because I can't seem to find it.

Depending on what browser you have it's possible to download an auto spell check for free no matter what website you're on...

But there use be a spell check on the old forum, I just thought they would have one here. If I download one how do I get it to stay here with this forum.?

If you download it the program runs without you having to do anything... it just underlines any words you have miss spelt and then you point over the top and it gives you alternatives...

I have it in word, illustrator and photoshop and every other program I have but it's not on here anymore. So I guess I have to download it then.