Joachim

My First Ever Baby :)

Recently I've had my first baby to a maiden pair and it's growing nicely :) There were two eggs, both fertile but only one hatched. The green cock and lacewing hen have produced a lutino, lacewing (I think?) baby which surprised me because I thought the cock was homozygous green, obviously not :P My sister has claimed the little baby as her pet because it hatched on the 24th of october, her birthday. Anyway, here are some photos of mum and dad as well as the little baby so far. I've tried to include some good photos of the cere so that maybe someone could determine the sex for me. Though I understand it's harder with lutinos.

mumanddadagain.jpg Mum and dad, cock normal green, must be split for lutino. And the hen, a lacewing.

cereyoung9days.jpg 9 days old. I read somewhere, probably on this forum, that it's easier to determine the sex at this age but this is the best photo I have around this age.

cereagain13days.jpg 13 days old.

cere320days.jpg This morning.

cere120days.jpg Another photo of the cere.

babybudgie.jpg Again this morning, he's just starting to make noises like the mum.

Hopefully someone can tell me what sex the baby is, my sister is hoping for a girl and I'm hoping for a boy so either way would make someone happy ^_^

Thanks for reading,

Joachim.

Edited by **KAZ**

I say female! Lovely lil thing! :wub:

You had better stop saying HE because HE is a SHE :D

Gorgeous little chick :wub:

Thanks everyone, we're thrilled with the little baby and my little sister will be pleased with her new little girl! She can start thinking of a name now ^_^

Joachim.

Edited by **KAZ**

I agree with the others, looks like a hen... Congratulations.

Recently I've had my first baby to a maiden pair and it's growing nicely :) There were two eggs, both fertile but only one hatched. The green cock and lacewing hen have produced a lutino, lacewing (I think?) baby which surprised me because I thought the cock was homozygous green, obviously not :P My sister has claimed the little baby as her pet because it hatched on the 24th of october, her birthday. Anyway, here are some photos of mum and dad as well as the little baby so far. I've tried to include some good photos of the cere so that maybe someone could determine the sex for me. Though I understand it's harder with lutinos.

Mum and dad, cock normal green, must be split for lutino. And the hen, a lacewing.

The cock can still be homozygous for green as well as being split for lutino (or lacewing) as both these genes occur on different alleles.