Finnie

Active Topics For Today/this Week

There are many occasions when I can't read all of the new content before I have to log out. In the old format, I could click on "get active topics for today" or for the week, then I could go through those and see which ones I missed.

I don't see any kind of option like that in the new format. Is this something we can get back, or maybe I am just not looking in the right place?

It would be handy right now, because I just logged on after about 24 hours since my last visit, but my computer was being really slow, and somehow I re-logged myself on, and now it will only show me new content for the last 10 minutes. (Zero posts)

So anything that happened in the last 24 hours, I can't find, unless I comb through the whole forum. (Which I guess I'll go do now.)

Next to the view new content link there is an orange box looking symbol....click on that and select budgie forum latest posts and scroll through. Apart from that I havent figured out anything else yet :D

That is one way to do it Kaz, but there is a better way :D . You are correct Finnie, the active topics for today feature has been removed, well rather renamed and as you have found, if you use the View New Content page, when you logout all the listed content will disappear.

The following options are available:

1. On the index (the page where you can see all the forums, Recent Status Updates etc.) if you scroll down to just above the site statistics section, you will see the links: Today's active content | The moderating team | Today's top 20 posters | Overall top posters.

Click the Today's active content link and this will show all active topics over the last 24 hours (or older based on your selection on that page) regardless if you login or logout.

2. You can set the View New Content page to display all unread content, again regardless if you login or logout via the following method:

• Click the arrow next to your forum display name in the top right hand corner. (above sign out)
  • Select My Settings
  • Under Settings > General Settings locate the Search Settings section
  • Change to Show me all content that I have not read.
  • Click Save Changes.

Choosing option 2 will display any content which has been updated that you have not read when clicking View New Content opposed to the Today's active content feature displaying only the last 24 hours worth of updates.

Thank you, Kaz and Adam. I will try out those methods. I did try having my "view new content" set to the "show all unread content" for a while, but I didn't like how everything disappeared as soon as I read it. (Sometimes I change my mind and want to go back to something I just read, so I like the option to have it stay in the list.) But if I have the problem of not finding threads again, that would be a good idea to switch to that mode temporarily.

:thankyou:

Since reading this I've changed it to "Show all unread content." If I change my mind I click the back button on the browser... its a bit annoying but it gets the job done.

I am liking how the big dark blue boxes make it easy to tell if you've read something or not. :D