• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  100
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I have discovered that Frontline is an alternative to other medications. This drug as the ability to not effect lifespan and fertility. I suggest no more than 2 drops to the back of the head. This will be effective for both scaly face and any mites that the birds will pickup. Now, I take no responsibility for anyone that uses this particular medication, and if one chooses to do so make sure you understand the research and dosage levels. However from my personal experience if you dont have the finances to take your birds to a Vet this may be something that you can utilise to sustain life. Further, I understand that that i may have made inappropriate comments. In my defence I do have issue with opinion not fact. I am not happy to allow people to be directed by capitalism, however this forum is not a democracy, but an extension of capitalism. I wish you all well and hope that at some stage you can become apart of the future. Bye All and good luck you will need it. Cheersl

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

I have discovered that Frontline is an alternative to other medications. This drug as the ability to not effect lifespan and fertility. I suggest no more than 2 drops to the back of the head. This will be effective for both scaly face and any mites that the birds will pickup. Now, I take no responsibility for anyone that uses this particular medication, and if one chooses to do so make sure you understand the research and dosage levels. However from my personal experience if you dont have the finances to take your birds to a Vet this may be something that you can utilise to sustain life. Further, I understand that that i may have made inappropriate comments. In my defence I do have issue with opinion not fact. I am not happy to allow people to be directed by capitalism, however this forum is not a democracy, but an extension of capitalism. I wish you all well and hope that at some stage you can become apart of the future. Bye All and good luck you will need it. Cheersl

i would suggest as a breeder of birds for many years that this suggestion of method was not used

we here on this forum have people in all fields of work with many partaking in jobs that have many different products that im sure if looked into may be able to be used for birds however this information comes with no back up or guarantee i would suggest if you lacked money for a vet to ask here for a safe alternative two of our members expert in these feilds are nubbly 5 and rip budgies dont go using this above method suggested by member al@n as it is not proven or fool proof

it has no wright up to stand it up with proven history of use and full report of its effect in long term

this is not an opinion by the way

this is a safety warning so to speak

my opinion would not be received well if spoken im certain of that :question: ,yours gb

Edited by GenericBlue

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

We live in a capitalist society how do we "become apart" from capitalism? We are able to run this forum due to capitalism (see the adds?) but no-one here directly benefits from the sale or distribution of goods and services so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.

And as far as a democracy well there is no "rule" as such so the "majority rule" being the understood characteristic of a democracy doesn't really apply no one person dictates what the others have to do, we might give advice based on personal experience, opinion or heresay but we certainly have no way of enforcing that "rule" - you are free to do what you want, remembering not everyone will agree with you but that matters little. We all decide and act individually so the rights of the individual are protected, sure we have non-elected administrators who sometimes edit out posts when they don't like them but generally following well accepted rules - non democratically decided by the way :huh:

Oh and back to Frontline - could you direct me to the published article where fipronil was used to treat parasites of anything other than poultry. I can't find (a quick look mind you) anything other than rabbits etc, dogs and cats of course but very little on small birds and parrots. I would really like to see an LD50 on a parrot species plus fertility results before making up my mind that this is a good alternative.

edit: oh-oh I've been dragged into the fray......... :question:

Edited by nubbly5

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Without going into this in an emotive way, I just want to say that since you mentioned the difference in costs..................

frontline isnt cheap to start with.

My vet sells ivermectin for birds scalyface over the counter. A $9 bottle which does the whole flock and then some for over a year. No vet appointment necessary. One drop not two.

I think I will stick with this :question:

Edited by KAZ

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

Yes I am happy with my ivermectin which I get my avian vet and normal vet. But gee Kaz I pay $15.00. I bought it at the Shield last last for $9.00 and I thought I was laughing but I think it was watered down as it didn't work so I tossed it.

• Member ID:  6,210
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  100

We live in a capitalist society how do we "become apart" from capitalism? We are able to run this forum due to capitalism (see the adds?) but no-one here directly benefits from the sale or distribution of goods and services so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.And as far as a democracy well there is no "rule" as such so the "majority rule" being the understood characteristic of a democracy doesn't really apply no one person dictates what the others have to do, we might give advice based on personal experience, opinion or heresay but we certainly have no way of enforcing that "rule" - you are free to do what you want, remembering not everyone will agree with you but that matters little. We all decide and act individually so the rights of the individual are protected, sure we have non-elected administrators who sometimes edit out posts when they don't like them but generally following well accepted rules - non democratically decided by the way :D Oh and back to Frontline - could you direct me to the published article where fipronil was used to treat parasites of anything other than poultry. I can't find (a quick look mind you) anything other than rabbits etc, dogs and cats of course but very little on small birds and parrots. I would really like to see an LD50 on a parrot species plus fertility results before making up my mind that this is a good alternative.edit: oh-oh I've been dragged into the fray......... :huh:
I am more than happy to discuss capitalism, but firstly I need to now your critque of Karl Marx, and Marxism, so that I have a better understanding of your view point, cheers
i would suggest as a breeder of birds for many years that this suggestion of method was not used we here on this forum have people in all fields of work with many partaking in jobs that have many different products that im sure if looked into may be able to be used for birds however this information comes with no back up or guarantee i would suggest if you lacked money for a vet to ask here for a safe alternative two of our members expert in these feilds are nubbly 5 and rip budgies dont go using this above method suggested by member al@n as it is not proven or fool proof it has no wright up to stand it up with proven history of use and full report of its effect in long term this is not an opinion by the way this is a safety warning so to speak my opinion would not be received well if spoken im certain of that :question: ,yours gb
Do you have any scientific rigor to support your opinion. Iam sorry I should not have said that because I know that you do not. please remember that opinions are like armpits most of us have at least two and they generally stink. I am happy for you to be critical but I expect that intelligence should play a role. If you are going to be judgemental at least do so with fact not opinion, Cheers love.

This is SO weird, this Forum is for people of all ages and background to talk about their birds, the good and bad and ask for a little help or give a little advice. Some of us have a bit more experience than others.

Look I am sorry and I don't mean to be rude but We are NOT here to discuss capitalism, Go find another site like a capitalism Forum to debate this. Just seems like you are trying to stir up things around. I am probably wrong. BUT that is how it looks from here.

We are also not here to down people on their intelligence. Smart or not we are all equal.

Edited by splat

Again Alan you just cant help yourself taking posts into casting aspersions against someone based on so called INTELLIGENCE LEVEL ???

I am happy for you to be critical but I expect that intelligence should play a role.

Keep it nice Alan or I will be forced top implement measures that you may not like or agree with.

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

We live in a capitalist society how do we "become apart" from capitalism? We are able to run this forum due to capitalism (see the adds?) but no-one here directly benefits from the sale or distribution of goods and services so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.And as far as a democracy well there is no "rule" as such so the "majority rule" being the understood characteristic of a democracy doesn't really apply no one person dictates what the others have to do, we might give advice based on personal experience, opinion or heresay but we certainly have no way of enforcing that "rule" - you are free to do what you want, remembering not everyone will agree with you but that matters little. We all decide and act individually so the rights of the individual are protected, sure we have non-elected administrators who sometimes edit out posts when they don't like them but generally following well accepted rules - non democratically decided by the way :D Oh and back to Frontline - could you direct me to the published article where fipronil was used to treat parasites of anything other than poultry. I can't find (a quick look mind you) anything other than rabbits etc, dogs and cats of course but very little on small birds and parrots. I would really like to see an LD50 on a parrot species plus fertility results before making up my mind that this is a good alternative.edit: oh-oh I've been dragged into the fray......... :huh:
I am more than happy to discuss capitalism, but firstly I need to now your critque of Karl Marx, and Marxism, so that I have a better understanding of your view point, cheers
i would suggest as a breeder of birds for many years that this suggestion of method was not used we here on this forum have people in all fields of work with many partaking in jobs that have many different products that im sure if looked into may be able to be used for birds however this information comes with no back up or guarantee i would suggest if you lacked money for a vet to ask here for a safe alternative two of our members expert in these feilds are nubbly 5 and rip budgies dont go using this above method suggested by member al@n as it is not proven or fool proof it has no wright up to stand it up with proven history of use and full report of its effect in long term this is not an opinion by the way this is a safety warning so to speak my opinion would not be received well if spoken im certain of that :question: ,yours gb
Do you have any scientific rigor to support your opinion. Iam sorry I should not have said that because I know that you do not. please remember that opinions are like armpits most of us have at least two and they generally stink. I am happy for you to be critical but I expect that intelligence should play a role. If you are going to be judgemental at least do so with fact not opinion, Cheers love.

Hahahaha

Alan you are very funny. First you tell us (without basis of fact as you obviously can't provide a published article reference) to use an untried product on our birds and then you want to start fights with everyone.

It's very amusing to see this sort of behaviour from someone who is supposedly so intelligent.

:huh: Well said Nubbly :question:

However from my personal experience if you dont have the finances to take your birds to a Vet this may be something that you can utilise to sustain life.

Again I ask you to answer this Alan....................

You are advocating this to save money..........when frontline is expensive, doesnt keep for the future in the applicator it comes in, and you use two drops as you suggest.

My ivermectin is $9 bottle and does a whole flock two or three times over............one drop once only.

As scalyface is easily diagnosed and does NOT need a vet for that, if the ivermectin is sold over the counter at an avian vet then how is is saving money to use expensive Frontline in place of a product especially sold to be used for this purpose ?

How is yours a cheaper and better method ?? And what would you say or do if someone follows your advice and overdoses a bird ?

PS your arrogance and judgmental ways thus far with other members you have not taken the time to get to know, defies logic. Great way to introduce yourself to a forum. :question:

Having a bad hair day Alan ?

Edited by KAZ

If frontline is an alternative to ivermectin why don't avian vets advice us to use it. What qualifications do you have Al@n to say it's safe and works but you will not take any responsibility for any of us using it. I think you should do your research completley before saying it is safe. Do you know for sure it doesn't effect lifespan and fertility. I got the impression that if we didn't listen to you will not be part of the future, is this right?

Well I am already well on my way to the future.

I will not give or trail anything on my birds that is not proven safe by my avian vet. After all avian vets are the experts not novice that think they are.

• Member ID:  4,389
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1,690

However from my personal experience if you dont have the finances to take your birds to a Vet this may be something that you can utilise to sustain life.

Again I ask you to answer this Alan....................

You are advocating this to save money..........when frontline is expensive, doesnt keep for the future in the applicator it comes in, and you use two drops as you suggest.

My ivermectin is $9 bottle and does a whole flock two or three times over............one drop once only.

As scalyface is easily diagnosed and does NOT need a vet for that, if the ivermectin is sold over the counter at an avian vet then how is is saving money to use expensive Frontline in place of a product especially sold to be used for this purpose ?

How is yours a cheaper and better method ?? And what would you say or do if someone follows your advice and overdoses a bird ?

PS your arrogance and judgmental ways thus far with other members you have not taken the time to get to know, defies logic. Great way to introduce yourself to a forum. :question:

Having a bad hair day Alan ?

What a bizarre thread! Not really sure what Karl Marx has to do with Frontline. Was he on the ad a long time ago :huh:

Anyway, I agree with Kaz, Ivermectin (and Moxidectin) are way cheaper than Frontline and have proven effective. Can't see any reason to conduct expensive experiments on my birds.

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

well as im intellectually stupid according to you al@n

i believe i carry myself with way more intelligence than you have regarding your disgruntlement toward me

may i just add that i actually am far more knowledgeable than anyone will ever know or see

my actual intelligence falls in another area more so than birds and in fact im quiet respected for my intelligence and creative expression in this field

so you can toss insults at me all you like but im not inclined to be a fended as honestly its you who obviously needs to big note their referencing toward me to try and look /sound like your brain functions

and the arrogance that surrounds every word spoken to all members of this form the wording used to refer to us as all her as beneath your existence

personally im with splat

find your self a forum on diplomatic discussion, as were her to discuss birds to better our knowledge of care toward them

not how to experiment on them

by way if you really had any interest on this forum bar trying to a fend us for your own personal amusement then i suggest you maybe choose to insult someone whom actually gives two hoots :):o as im not it :D

i actually find it quiet funny to tell the truth your truly beneath my time management and with that said im just going to boycott anything you may even post wright or try to discuss besides your so intelligent according to yourself you don't need our input to anything you may want or need to know as you don't do opinions :)

I understand that that i may have made inappropriate comments. In my defence I do have issue with opinion not fact.

the fact is al@n and i speak for myself here i don't care for your unkindly comments and im not referring to your effort to try and decrease my level of intelligence to other

im referring to your rude implementation that the people on here need to get with the times so to speak

i think your the only one whom needs to get with it i think :angry:

Edited by KAZ

• Member ID:  3,092
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  3,831
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  21,560
  • Birthday:  23/05/1975

I do not see that this is a sensible thread which shows mature discussion.

I am closing this topic.