nitsuD

Killrust

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if killrust is safe to use where birds will be?

Thanks nitsuD

Edited by nitsuD

Well, its a fume-y paint so you couldnt use it with birds nearby. And whether or not its safe after that depends on which surfaces you are painting with it and if birds are "beaking" the paint surfaces or not.

Need more info :(

I would be painting steel tubing with it. The main structure of the aviary really

nitsuD

I think if they can chew on it any way it would be poisonous (uggg I know I spelt that wrong :hi: )to birds because I was trying to buy some rust stuff last year for steel drinkers for Greg and they were all a no no except for the black paint stuff which I can't remember the name of it, but it is like black tar.

But if you used it then some how wrapped wire around the steel so the birds couldn't chew it it should be okay, but then really what is the likely hood of birds chewing steel :( .

I think if they can chew on it any way it would be poisonous (uggg I know I spelt that wrong :hi: )to birds because I was trying to buy some rust stuff last year for steel drinkers for Greg and they were all a no no except for the black paint stuff which I can't remember the name of it, but it is like black tar.

But if you used it then some how wrapped wire around the steel so the birds couldn't chew it it should be okay, but then really what is the likely hood of birds chewing steel :( .

okay thanks splat

nitsuD

Used to be only the lead based paints that were lethal, they don't make those anymore, but the killrust is oil based, whether that makes a difference or not, I'm not sure.

Edited by Papa Doc Duvalier