• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  965
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  15/02/1996

Hi i am just wondering what should i feed my birds that have started laying eggs in there cabinets.. I know there is so much stuff on here about it but it is all very complicated and i dont have the money to buy lots of expencive additives and stuff..

Also what should i put in my kindi cage?

And what should i put in the aviary?

:lol:

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

This is all to be found in our nutrition forum area.

BUT it must be said that what to feed breeding birds should NOT be something you ask once you have begun..........its all about preparation for breeding and a good and varied diet should be well established and part of normal diet and routine well before you begin to breed a bird. They need to be in peak condition and that involves the best of health and on the best diet months before you put them down to breed.

What to feed them while breeding should not be something you ask about once you have already put them down to breed. They should already be eating the best of everything and for months in advance.

A kindie cage should be a playground for baby budgies. With various perches, swings and ladders. They should not be put in a kindie cage until they can eat on their own and not need parental feeding. They should be low shallow dishes on the floor of the cage filled with seed. Vegioes like sweetcorn, grated carrot, finesliced dark greens like bok choy, spinach etc, sprinkled with budgies seed. There should be many places they can eat and drink. Sometimes they need a warm lamp on the cage. They should not be caged outside in draughts or with access to their cage by mice or hassled by predators to worry them like dogs and cats, and rodents.

What should you put in the aviary ? are you colony breeding or not ? refresh my memory:)

When asking questions like this provide as much info as YOU can so we can advise to suit :lol:

• Member ID:  6,166
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  965
  • Birthday:  15/02/1996

No i am not colony Breeding the two birds were in condition when i brought them i asked the breeder.

At the moment in the breeding cage there is One seed and one ceramic water dish also i have got carrot tops and Bok Choy wich i grew in the garden.

I do have no idea other than seed and water what to have in the kindi cage.

What i am doing at the moment budgie wise is i have a pair with two eggs. And 7 birds in a big breeding cage wich i have pulled the middle divider out. I am calling my kindi cage for the moment until i put them in the aviary when it warms up a little. Which is already prepared and ready too go.

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

No i am not colony Breeding the two birds were in condition when i brought them i asked the breeder.

At the moment in the breeding cage there is One seed and one ceramic water dish also i have got carrot tops and Bok Choy wich i grew in the garden.

I do have no idea other than seed and water what to have in the kindi cage.

What i am doing at the moment budgie wise is i have a pair with two eggs. And 7 birds in a big breeding cage wich i have pulled the middle divider out. I am calling my kindi cage for the moment until i put them in the aviary when it warms up a little. Which is already prepared and ready too go.

Sounds good ;)