RIPbudgies

Oh My God !

The one thing I have never really done is name any of my show budgies. Well this little hen has such a good nature, she pops out of the baby cage onto my finger every day. While I am feeding I generally just let her fly around the bird room.

She is a Cinnamon Grey Green / Recessive Pied. Her name is JEWEL. I named her after a character in the TV show "Farscape"."

th_DSC02240.jpg

BBC has rubbed off on you :wub:

Naming budgies :D

What next ?? :P

The one thing I have never really done is name any of my show budgies. Well this little hen has such a good nature, she pops out of the baby cage onto my finger every day. While I am feeding I generally just let her fly around the bird room.

She is a Cinnamon Grey Green / Recessive Pied. Her name is JEWEL. I named her after a character in the TV show "Farscape"."

th_DSC02240.jpg

I think all of us, and even the top show breeders, throw a few names at our birds from time to time, especially favourites like Jewel has become. Looks like a nice split too :P

Sweet name :P nice little bird too!! :D

How funny. I rarely name mine but sometimes they do something to just name themselves you cant help it.

How funny. I rarely name mine but sometimes they do something to just name themselves you cant help it.

Yes, i agree. I haven't named my aviary birds but one male has earned the name Randy because he likes to chat up all the girls. :P

As long as she doesn't start screeching and melting the bars :D

Very pretty girl.

Daryl, got a nest (9) full of Grey Greens 3 of which are Cinnamon. Dad is Recessive Pied Dark Green and mum a Cinnamon Grey and as I have produced Cinnamons I now know the cock is split for Cinnamon and the hen is a double factor Grey. All the Cinnamons in the nest are better than the non Cinnamons.

Linda, I was thinking more the red/orange hair thing as Cinnamon is probably as close as we can get to the red hair in humans. Oh, and Jewel was stuck in mys head as I have been watching the full series again.

I will try and get some other picture up on this thread later.

Hmmm. Personally I think you are getting SOFT!!!! :D Naming show budgies what next...........? Sheesh!

Hmmm. Personally I think you are getting SOFT!!!! :P Naming show budgies what next...........? Sheesh!

:D :D come on nubbly im sure you have one named :D

Yes, i agree. I haven't named my aviary birds but one male has earned the name Randy because he likes to chat up all the girls. :D

I've got a Randy Andy as well. He practically wore out the little ball with bells in it out in the flight. Great pied bird as well but didn't have a spare cage to put him out of his misery. :D