Sign in to follow this  
Holden012

Budgie Playing With Human Hair

Okay so my brother's budgie , Jet jumps onto my shoulder then it starts playing with my hair . Why does she do this?

Is this natural Budgie behaviour?

My Budgie , Bullet jumps onto my shoulder but he doesn't play with my hair.

I have long hair. My budgie lands on my head and slides down my hair so he can get to my face (he likes kisses). He also sometimes attacks my hair and gets all tangled up, it's pretty funny. I think it's natural for budgies to play with/in our hair. It's the human version of feathers after all.

:blush: That's funny . I have Medium hair Not too long not too short.

She likes to sit on my shoulder playing with my hair . Sometimes she jumps on top of my head.

Make sure though that if your bird is touching your hair that you dont have any hair products on it that the bird could ingest or breathe in vapours, and get on its feet as it could then ingest it.

My bird uses my head as a landing platform then slides down onto my glasses and proceeds to chew them. :blush:

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

That is so cute!!! Does Bruce do this often? :blush:

Yes he does it all the time, but if he goes the other way from my hand and climbs up my nose to get to my glasses it doesnt half hurt, his little claws put tiny perforations in my nose.. ouch :D

I think he like my glasses as they are shiny frames and he can see reflection in them, its funny though when he sticks his head down inside them, looks like he is trying to read the newspaper with them :blush:

My brother's budgie sometimes jumps onto my dad's beard and plays with his goatee hairs. :grouphug: