• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

the albino/lacewing cocks i wouldnt part with them till they moult out

yes they may lookaverage now but hold on to them i will explan in a pm, in more depth :hap:

not for albino breeding okay .. talk about it latter

the second clutch is a beautiful mix of colours nice indeed well done with you out comes beautiful

the lacewings look to be normal so mabe mum is albino masking normal

thats a handy bird to have

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  5,204
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  605

Your photo's are fantastic, so detailed, I felt as if I touched the screen I could feel their feathers...they are gorgeous!

• Member ID:  5,775
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  800

Your photo's are fantastic, so detailed, I felt as if I touched the screen I could feel their feathers...they are gorgeous!
Thank you RJT. :hap:
the albino/lacewing cocks i wouldnt part with them till they moult out yes they may lookaverage now but hold on to them i will explan in a pm, in more depth :( not for albino breeding okay .. talk about it latter the second clutch is a beautiful mix of colours nice indeed well done with you out comes beautifulthe lacewings look to be normal so mabe mum is albino masking normal thats a handy bird to have
2 of the 3 albinos/lacewings have faint throat spots. looks a bit cinnamon. the photos don't really show it because the sun was too bright. mum might mask cinnamon? she has some faint markings too and has a blue sheen.

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106

Thank you RJT. :)
the albino/lacewing cocks i wouldnt part with them till they moult out yes they may lookaverage now but hold on to them i will explan in a pm, in more depth :grbud: not for albino breeding okay .. talk about it latter the second clutch is a beautiful mix of colours nice indeed well done with you out comes beautifulthe lacewings look to be normal so mabe mum is albino masking normal thats a handy bird to have
2 of the 3 albinos/lacewings have faint throat spots. looks a bit cinnamon. the photos don't really show it because the sun was too bright. mum might mask cinnamon? she has some faint markings too and has a blue sheen.

yes i understand this and if they boy turn out anygood they still could fit ino you plan

however i do know this was a kind of test run so yeah /lacewing albinos can bite your butt latter in your stud so may be best to cull out

great for pet breeding though you may want one for that

as for mum she is nothing spec you are right but foster mums are always handy when you have show stock think about that shes a great little mum

• Member ID:  5,775
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  800

yes i understand this and if they boy turn out anygood they still could fit ino you plan

however i do know this was a kind of test run so yeah /lacewing albinos can bite your butt latter in your stud so may be best to cull out

as for mum she is nothing spec you are right but foster mums are always handy when you have show stock think about that shes a great little mum

sorry for the late reply.

i had a look at all of my birds on the weekend and i made a list which ones to keep etc. as i don't want to end up with too many birds.

the albino mum is on my keeping list now...she is such a good mum...so she will be a great foster mum when i start my show type breeding in august/september....got my club rings last week...very exciting!

might not breed pet types in future so some of my flock will go. thinking of keeping 25ish budgies and start from there...most of them show type....some pet type for fostering.

oh - and it's so funny: sherbert the lacewing is so confident now. he is back in the aviary and is flirting with all the girls now, especially the young albino hen i got from you and her mum. he must like albinos.

:redalbino:

Edited by lealotta

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106

sorry for the late reply.

i had a look at all of my birds on the weekend and i made a list which ones to keep etc. as i don't want to end up with too many birds.

the albino mum is on my keeping list now...she is such a good mum...so she will be a great foster mum when i start my show type breeding in august/september....got my club rings last week...very exciting!

might not breed pet types in future so some of my flock will go. thinking of keeping 25ish budgies and start from there...most of them show type....some pet type for fostering.

oh - and it's so funny: sherbert the lacewing is so confident now. he is back in the aviary and is flirting with all the girls now, especially the young albino hen i got from you and her mum. he must like albinos.

:redalbino:

it only takes one matting to build their confidance

sometimes it takes for ever

yes loves albinos

his gals were albino hen and lacewing white hen

here but he was too shy

im so glad he came confident i was sure he just didnt like it here some birds are funny like that wontbreed for some people yet fill every egg somewhere else

you will need good foster hens

try put him with a big grey next normal colour not cin B)