Craig B

What's Better Male Or Female

Just wondering which is better male or female?

We are not really worried if our budgie doesn't talk, more about the local bird noises.

We have Lorikeet's, Galah's, Rosella's, etc,etc in our area, and those noises are great.So if our budgie could make those noises we'd be very happy indeed.

Our little "angel" used to make those noises and it was like living constantly outside.

So which would be better for our needs? (Possibly going to look for a white and grey one after Easter)

Thank in advance

Craig

It really depends on the budgie.... male are generally noisier than females.

Male I would say :angry:

I too would get a male. I have found my male budgies tend to imitate the wild birds more, though I do have one female that does a pretty good job. :angry:

Edited by Amy S

All my females are quiet, don't bite AND don't get themselves into situations that they can't fix. On the other hand, the males bite, hard, are noisy and often have to be rescued. What happened to animals taking after their owners?

I always thought females were more of a biter that males..?

Anyway, I'd say male. I have a male budgie, and he does a pretty good job of imitating wild birds, house hold appliances noises etc.

Yeah don't rub it in.... my birds are weird. My females don't bite at all whilst Skye, Dude and Buttons torture my fingers for the fun of it. I think they usually bite harder than males though. :hooray: :):wacko:

Edited by Ratzy

All my females are quiet, don't bite

Ours female did bite all the time.

She continually bit my ear, neck, pulled hairs from my head, bit my lip.

She used to chew just about all the paper she could find. Throw things from the kitchen bench onto the floor, chew into the loafes of bread.

the general opinion is females are bitey and males are less so :hooray:

A male is looking good then. :hooray:

I'd go for a male... They talk/mimick sounds more, they don't bite as much, like females do, and if you get a male, you wont have to worry about egg laying too, which some female do even when they don't have a partner.

Male for me too- all my males have had alot more character

and when you go to choose a male, dont pick the "males" with white and blue ceres as they will be females :hooray:

Well looks to me like the males have it... Not really a surprise is it Craig? :hooray:

:budgiedance: :nest: :D

But i didn't say that.

I am going to say look for a budgie with a personality and look that apeals to you regardless of gender. If you can find a hand raised one from a breeder all the better, or a nice young one with plenty of personality healthy and outgoing. most of my pet parrots are and have been females, I have had pet males and to me they are all individuals and my females have been wonderfull. Ive handraised male and female budgies and my baby Jimmy who we thought was a boy is a hen and she is awsome. Talks, sings, plays soccer with balls, plays fetch etc and is very cuddly. She will lay on her back while I tickle her belly.

So go with your gut on it.