• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  14,055
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/08/1965

GB, I have just been reading Kaz' pepper post, and decided I needed to come over here and give you a hug :D

Don't lose heart. I don't think this is your fault, I think you are well-prepared to start breeding for show. You have put a lot of thought into it. Plus, you are very experienced on the pet side of breeding. Set-backs like this happen to everyone, and in every species. Evenutally, everything will come right, and you are doing all the right things to ensure that.

And you are not ignored, but cherished, darl. :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

Look, it is really hard to advise you well when we cannot see them and there is no vet diagnosis :D

But, yes I would stop the Doxy treatment. :rofl:

"Chep x sneezes" ? Doesn't sound too good. It could be a number of things I'm afraid .... and let us not forget that you have recently had a big swing in temperature from extremely hot to quite cool ... :D

If I were you I would not beat around the bush any more and take a couple into your vet asap for a check up. :)

i havent been beatting around any bushes

i took ten random birds in when i first went thats 10 out of 45 birds

plus the dead hen

vet did poo smears for birds and crop swabs

nothing was found but the dead hen had an enlarged liver and one cock had starting signs of canker in which all were treated for regardless

if i was to take in more birds it would be a insult to the vet in question in my book

suggesting they are not thura enough

in which i thought she was

really its all stuffed up as the results were not persuade in which they now are being

i was more worryed if i stopped and they had parra then i was interfering with treatment

but if they dont im risking my birds healt in the long run

if i stopped

then id have to start the full treatment again and their already half way their round abouts

but if i dont stop i may lose a minority of birds ...realistically i may if i stop also

but its a chance im going to take as i feel the cause is something other

why would i lose only two birds and not more in this way if it was psittacosis

i would expect to lose at least 15 to 14 birds at least if something that severe

would i not

Edited by KAZ

GB I find your post a little confuseing,

up until today.you was saying your birds were okay.

now you are saying, they are not(some)well.

I will say it again,not only you GB,but others,

you are over medicating.If you have to use all

these,treatments,there is something wrong.

In my club,they stoped all these treatment thing,

years ago & only treat on a need be but watch

there birds,very closely & if some thing is looking

a bit off colour,they may treat it or to the bin.

I myself have not treated my birds,for 6 years for anything,

other then worm them twice a year & I could count on one hand

any birds that have died.I do put Apple Cider Vinagar in there water

for 3 days a week, they get no soaked food * only soft food in the breeding season.

Silver beet once a week,breeders & molting aid in there seed,in the season.

I moved 20 of last seasons birds from one flight to another today & I culled one bird

for a wing feather problem & the rest were in good condition.

Its the same with Quantine,if I buy a bird it goes sraight in to a breeding box & wormed & nothing else,execpt

one of my own birds in the cage with it for 3 to 6 months & they usely breed me a round or 2 of young ones.

There is 4 of us breeders,we meet at one of our places,each Thursday & we decuss,the bird world & seeing *** Iam the only one with a computer, I tell them of the laughs of the week I have seen on the forum,with all this meds the birds,do not build up any amunitys, end of story.+

i did not see your post macka untill now i was hopeful for your opinion as i value it a lot

my birds did seem well untill second week of treatment

this is the first time i have treated the birds mate and all advised by vets

im with you

i never ever worried about wet floors or concrete wind or rain

i breed show birds when i was 12 and i had a dirt floor i use to deliberately wet the left over seed once tipped out on to ground as so it could grow and be eaten

my breeding cages were still separate cabinets yet they were in my small 6 by four foot open wire aviary with a small loft for birds to hid behind if windy or cold i feed a seed diet with added silver beet or beetroot

and a tea spoon of cod liver to their seed one a week

and never once had a sick bird

(yes these were show birds breed by a man called burnie he was from dandenong area and quiet successful although burnnie was not his real name just what people called him

he gave my father my first stock along with alot of informative advice not only about bird management but genetics and what makes a good show bird

he was a very kind happy man and well noted in the bird association

unfortunately i do not know if he has passed or not as he would be quiet old now and its ashamed that i never knew what become of him

the fact is though that i have always believed people fussed to much over their birds

then i had abird tested for cocci and the vet said to move aviry and pave the floor

so i did

still birds ill

so then he said to treat with baycox and put up wind protection

so i did this still sick birds but this time he doesn't see anything wrong with them

gives a bill of clean health

then a month later another dead

and he says that theirs nothing wrong he doesn't know whats up my birds looked healthiest he seen for a while

so i put it down to just a dude bird

then a month on another bird down with fitz

again no departmental illness shows up

the only thing my birds were not treated for over the period of seeing this vet was psittacosis

so when 2 months later two birds go down in a very bad way i never ever seen in my life

i go to the best respected avian vet for his opinion

and i get told that they dont know whats up but psittacosis is only option left so ..test sent off and im sent home to trat birds till rezults come back

only no results in the two week time frame

birds were fine mate but this third week of treatment they all drab and fluffed

as i said some with pooy bums clogged some had bad diarrhea others fine

alot of tail bobbing which was not at first happening i have rang vet a few times but get same thing every time keep treating them till we say

well i say im scared im going to lose them if i do and lose them if i dont

i really am at a lose and ,macka believe me it wont ever get like this again

i will be doing the routine things worm and ivomectin like i was and thats it

the survival of the fittest from now on in

oh and wet floor and wind

well im going to build another loft and be don with it then

:D crossed from then on in

Edited by KAZ

• Member ID:  4,388
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  13,420

GB you will do what you think best and Best of Luck that these guys pull through whatever they have and recover well. :lol:

Part and parcel of bringing in new birds from different studs is that some are immune to certain bugs and others aren't. :rofl:

It took me most of 2008 to get all my flock to the stage where I was confident about their health. Like you I didn't loose a lot of birds due to a major infection, it was just one here or there and having a niggling feeling that not all was right with them. I fixed this through preventative medicine treatments.

So in spite of strict quarantine procedures because I have once again this year brought in different birds everyone will get the summer regime of preventative medication treatment as a precaution. That is all it is at the end of the day but I prefer to be safe than sorry so I do it.

In the not too distant future most of my flock will consist of my bred birds and I will be far more confident about their well-being health-wise because I will be their sole care giver and then, and only then, will I re-think how I do things.

I am sharing this with you, not because I think I can change your mind :) but because perhaps in the future you will come back to this post and have a re-think. :P

Edited by renee

Look, it is really hard to advise you well when we cannot see them and there is no vet diagnosis :)

But, yes I would stop the Doxy treatment. :)

"Chep x sneezes" ? Doesn't sound too good. It could be a number of things I'm afraid .... and let us not forget that you have recently had a big swing in temperature from extremely hot to quite cool ... :P

If I were you I would not beat around the bush any more and take a couple into your vet asap for a check up. :)

plus the dead hen

But that was a couple of weeks ago :( It now appears that they certainly did not possibly have psittacosis and the recent treatment of doxy will have knocked them about. :lol:

I am wondering whether your Vet is the kind that only responds to birds he has actually seen at his clinic .... ? :rofl:

Edited by renee

Look, it is really hard to advise you well when we cannot see them and there is no vet diagnosis :(

But, yes I would stop the Doxy treatment. :)

"Chep x sneezes" ? Doesn't sound too good. It could be a number of things I'm afraid .... and let us not forget that you have recently had a big swing in temperature from extremely hot to quite cool ... :P

plus the dead hen

But that was a couple of weeks ago :) It now appears that they certainly did not possibly have psittacosis and the recent treatment of doxy will have knocked them about. :lol:

I am wondering whether your Vet is the kind that only responds to birds he has actually seen at his clinic .... ? :rofl:

well i have faith that the vet knows what their on about but im not happy i been waitting so long it shouldn't happen with something so delicate as birds i could lose birds if i doxcy or if i dont so....

i prefer not to

for now when i hear from vet i will revise my position

i decided not to give sulfa sd either for now as i may make matters worse as i will cover anything left possibly that the vet may be able to find :)

im just going to sit for now

well i have faith that the vet knows what their on about but im not happy i been waitting so long it shouldn't happen with something so delicate as birds i could lose birds if i doxcy or if i dont so....

i prefer not to

i decided not to give sulfa sd either for now as i may make matters worse as i will cover anything left possibly that the vet may be able to find :wub:

Hey GB, How are your birds doing today?

Any news back from the Vet?

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

Sorry macka I REALLY disagree with you here. GB's birds started DYING!!!!!!!!! She was not overmedicating at the time - in fact quite the opposite - and only started treatment on recommendation from a vet to make sure no more birds DIED!!!!!!! I believe that they did stop dying.

I think you are out of line telling her to stop trying to resolve an outbreak of disease.

Sure, without a proper diagnosis she might be treating the wrong thing but all things being equal AND with some of the symptoms the birds had AND with several of them DYING at once I think she did exactly the right thing. She might need to be reassessing the situation based on the birds reaction to doxy treatment but to leave it go and lose more birds for the sake of not medicating? I don't think so.

As she gets sorted with facilities and routine with her show birds I am sure GB will return to a situation of non medicating as is her well stated desire but at the moment she needed to do something.

i prefer not to

i decided not to give sulfa sd either for now as i may make matters worse as i will cover anything left possibly that the vet may be able to find :laughter:

Hey GB, How are your birds doing today?

Any news back from the Vet?

well i just got the call

its not chlamydia(parra what ever)

seems bird that was autopsy only fault found was meggabac

i don't know what to think now, :unsure: as at first i was told that the amount found was not enough to kill the bird that all birds hold it

now im told the small amount of canker found in the one bird and the megga in the dead bird are my causes

i find this rather hard to believe but they are vets so.....

well everything was treated for canker and i was told to give probac 2 times a week and apple cider vin 2 times a week to keep the megga at bay

they apparently have no cocci

so birds got nice plate of veg and am going to just cross my fingers as to what went down doesn't happen again

and thanks nubbly

for standing up for my decision to medicate the birds :rofl: your right i do not like to unless needed

and something was needed at time

as for being laughed at by other more knowledgeable breeders i really don't care

as i know instead of bouncing a bird i at least make an effort to save it weather its going to cost me 100ds or not

my birds arnt just a ribbon and a trophy to me or something to give me a name

their my love and my life they hold me

a lot of people wouldn't understand that but i don't really care

here is my hen from your cock she did turn out to be lutino

i am going to put her back with her unkle when shes old enough

BILD2075.jpg

she has some growing to do look at her feet

BILD2079.jpg

these were taken on a hot day soshes not sitting nicley as she usually does

BILD2080.jpg

BILD2141.jpg

here is their veggies

BILD2185.jpg

they weren't to inthuzed over them like normal

here is the lutes little sister elly-phant

BILD2187.jpg

and dad trying to chat up a grey green hen....who may just be a perfict partner for him when i think about it :unsure:

BILD2192.jpg

dad mum and their other baby in the middle

BILD2188.jpg

and i got 2 lacewings with my opaline light green cock

i took picture before of chicks but they still only around 10 days old

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

That's great news GB in the the way that they don't have chlamydia, but mega not good either, It's funny a fews years a couple my second year of breeding I was loosing a few babies when they between 6 week and their 1st moult they became fluffed up and sick pooy bums but once they went into the hospital cage the droppings were a dark green colour then they changed to tarry colour then died a painful death, well that's what it looked like, Greg did a autopsy and found the liver was enlarged and they were nearly all from the same nest. Lost about 6. Anyway Aviarian vet couldn't find anything in the droppings so he told me to given them Trimadine which is a sulphar ( Spelt wrong sorry) based product for birds and animal with respiratory systems.

And he advised me to give the birds apple cider vinagar with the mother in it also as he says it helps keep a balance in the birds and he sent me probotic also.

All birds improved and I have loss any since except the accassion one. But no out breaks and I only treat when needed and I head for the sulpher based medince first and if that doesn't work more harsh treatment

BUT now I have my microscope hopefully I can treat accordling now.

That's great news GB in the the way that they don't have chlamydia, but mega not good either, It's funny a fews years a couple my second year of breeding I was loosing a few babies when they between 6 week and their 1st moult they became fluffed up and sick pooy bums but once they went into the hospital cage the droppings were a dark green colour then they changed to tarry colour then died a painful death, well that's what it looked like, Greg did a autopsy and found the liver was enlarged and they were nearly all from the same nest. Lost about 6. Anyway Aviarian vet couldn't find anything in the droppings so he told me to given them Trimadine which is a sulphar ( Spelt wrong sorry) based product for birds and animal with respiratory systems.

And he advised me to give the birds apple cider vinagar with the mother in it also as he says it helps keep a balance in the birds and he sent me probotic also.

All birds improved and I have loss any since except the accassion one. But no out breaks and I only treat when needed and I head for the sulpher based medince first and if that doesn't work more harsh treatment

BUT now I have my microscope hopefully I can treat accordling now.

well aparently i dont have an out break and theirs nothing to treat them with

but he said their is a treat ment but to give the birds the treatment you need to crop feed every bird day and night for thirty days

my birds are not that bad

but i could have saved the ones who were if i had of known

its expencive also he said

im just doing what he said as i know no diffrent :laughter:

want some poo samples splat

i will send you some :unsure:

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Have all my fingers crossed for your ongoing flock improvement GB :laughter:

Some people need to read more before commenting. As we have all figured out by now you dont like to medicate willy nilly and any you have done of late was after illness and upon vet advice. Vet treatment we all know would have been very hard on you financially ......but you did all you could for your birds anyway ..good on you mate :unsure:

Edited by Dave_McMinn

Have all my fingers crossed for your ongoing flock improvement GB :)

Some people need to read more before commenting. As we have all figured out by now you dont like to medicate willy nilly and any you have done of late was after illness and upon vet advice. Vet treatment we all know would have been very hard on you financially ......but you did all you could for your birds anyway ..good on you mate :rofl:

thanks kaz and all the rest of you that helped suporrt me

:unsure: :laughter:

as for hard on me

it wasnt hard on me but for my children

my birds are the new Christmas Grinch according to my oldest boys

who missed out on presents :unsure: due to my birds treatment costs

i love them so much as they must me

i dont know any other teenagers of 15 and 16 to not get gifts yet still keep the spirit alive for their sister who younger and was spoil t rotten next year i think santas going to have to reward them big time :D they got on crappy little **** thing each thats already broken :(

Edited by Dave_McMinn

• Member ID:  3,838
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  4,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  27,580
  • Birthday:  20/04/1979

What a headache luv... Not knowing is so hard. I'm glad it's not looking too bad, but still tough. I've been watching your thread but have little to add to help you. (((hugs)))

Yes send me some sample .Vet Julie is here at your service well I could be a vet nurse in a few years :unsure:

Just collect fresh samples, you can do a few different bbirds if you like, wrap them in a plastic sandwich pack folding a few times then wrp it all in a couple of layers of foil, that's what Doug Black told me to do so it doesn't dry out until it reaches me.

I will send you a post with my address later.

Yes send me some sample .Vet Julie is here at your service well I could be a vet nurse in a few years :(

Just collect fresh samples, you can do a few different bbirds if you like, wrap them in a plastic sandwich pack folding a few times then wrp it all in a couple of layers of foil, that's what Doug Black told me to do so it doesn't dry out until it reaches me.

I will send you a post with my address later.

vet splat :unsure: :laughter: :unsure: :rofl: may need to use your real name their lol

id be happy to assist your learning curve

and i have sent samples off before so know how thanks darl

how busy do you want to be lol

i can do whole flock and name each sample if you like

see whos who and whos got what

may need to pay you for your time and efforts would be worth it if i got something from it anything is better than not really being sure

okay nurse splat i exept your offer

OOOPs forgot what my name is I meant Vet Splat :P

You aremost welcome GB go for it. :)

• Member ID:  3,092
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  3,831
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  21,560
  • Birthday:  23/05/1975

I know how frustrating this has been for you GB. It seems that there is no clear answer here. I know how that goes, I have had that, luckily with a bird I had isolated from the day she came to my place.

I do hope that things improve in the future, for your birds, for yourself, and for your kids, who seems very wonderful in understanding that some christmases can be tough, financially, for some families.

I know how frustrating this has been for you GB. It seems that there is no clear answer here. I know how that goes, I have had that, luckily with a bird I had isolated from the day she came to my place.

I do hope that things improve in the future, for your birds, for yourself, and for your kids, who seems very wonderful in understanding that some Christmases can be tough, financially, for some families.

thanks mate

lol as for kids being understanding they still have their diggs at time

eg if we didn't have thoughs stupid birds we could .....

or they tell people if they want my attention they have to practically :) grow feathers and sit in the flight

but i know they know with out my birds i would not be who i am today

their actually quiet calming in a stressful way :(

but like i say to them when things get rough bird wize

just cause they get a little stressful does not mean i should just give in as if i had of done that when you gave me greif when younger then we wouldnt have eachother in the way we do today

my response from them is quiet plain and simple

you cant relate us to your stupid birds mum its not the same :P

ar well life goes on B) they are very good about it although i am grateful for that

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

GB what Renee said is really true too. Seeing as you are in the phase of collecting a few birds (as you must to get your stud going anyway), you will be collecting different bacteria, virus' etc along with them. Eventually you will have a group of birds that have been exposed to everything that you have brought in and things will settle down.

You WILL have the odd bird loss and sometimes it's better to be rid of that birds that somehow never quite looks right or the family that seem more susceptable to megabac or whatever and your overall studs health should stabilize out.

This bird breeding caper calls for some intestinal fortitude sometimes, hey?

GB what Renee said is really true too. Seeing as you are in the phase of collecting a few birds (as you must to get your stud going anyway), you will be collecting different bacteria, virus' etc along with them. Eventually you will have a group of birds that have been exposed to everything that you have brought in and things will settle down.

You WILL have the odd bird loss and sometimes it's better to be rid of that birds that somehow never quite looks right or the family that seem more susceptable to megabac or whatever and your overall studs health should stabilize out.

This bird breeding caper calls for some intestinal fortitude sometimes, hey?

yes it does

i do know rens right

and i was discussing that with the vet ioday that it could be as i just gathered all my stock birds and that i even had birds brought in to vic from wa

i explained they were quarantined but that i only just put them all in the aviry together for first time 2 months ago so they were possibly still settling to eachother

he seemed to think it was possible but not likely that was the cause of this

and hes going to test my birds as i bring them in for me each time i bring out crosses in

so that's good

birds look 99 percent better today anyhow after some probos and veg

theirs not as much sneezing either today fingers crossed

hi everyone

i have decided im not happy with my vets report theirs to many inconsistancys so i wrote a e mail and sent it today it reads like this

Hello dr .........

Im writing with concern about my birds diagnoses It was said in the first report given that my bird did not die from meggabac Or that canker was not a problem too my flock It is obvious that my birds have a repertory problem this is still evident in most of them today With sneezing and fluffing becoming a normal sight in my aviary

Im really not sure what to think anymore and im not sure im happy with my outcome from your surgery I came to u as I was told you were the best of the best I feel you have just blown my birds health off with the second best diagnoses you could find when its obvious to me that there is more going on with my birds than suggested, And im worried that I may lose more birds one by one over the next few months due to not getting a proper answer to their problem

I do not understand how my birds can be clear of problems when clearly their breathing is not to scratch with very obvious wheezing in a lot of birds with brown staining above the Ceres Is their anything else my birds could have contracted that has theses signs and is there any think I can resolve the issue with

I am quiet happy to spend the money needed to get to the bottom of this as these birds are worth all of my penny's in my opinion If I can save anymore from a fate of death then im very happy to do so

The health of my stud has always been my utmost first priority and never in three years of breeding birds have I come across a problem

Im worried if something is not done now and properly to get on top of this issue whatever it may be my birds are just going to go on and silently suffer , So I ask you once again please ,Is there anything else at all that could be causing these symptoms in my birds

And lastly now that my birds have been treated with

terbosole and doxcy

for Terbosole….10

days Doxcy …25 days

What should they be clear of…what exactly does doxcy treat for apart from clymidia if anything and would my birds be cured from any signs of canker or is it still possible that it did not resolve the bug ????

Sorry for all the questions as im new to all this medicating of birds and am really trying to get my head around it

I was suggested to place the birds on a sulpher based medicine for 5 days would you suggest this or not

With thanks ….leeia fox

the reason i query them is in rereading their decishion about the discussion with me regarding canker and megga were ruled out im very confused at this and can not understand how i can be just let at treat the birds with pro bos and apple cider for 2 times weekly when some my birds still not well in an obvious was due to something of it appears to me now respiratory issue that is worsening

could any one else have any ideas what may cause this birds are healthy apart from these signs and not all birds showing them id say out of 87 or so birds only 20 to 30 show signs but this for me is way to many could they just have a common cold due to the sudden weather extream changes and that be it ?????its been hot cold hotter cold suddenly for almost a week now and all birds are just showing now quiet obviously these signs only a few are with a vissable wezzing sound but all showing signs have the prominent brown staining above the cere i really want to get to bottom of this and get my birds back on trake if its a cold how do i treat this ?????as i feel this may be whats going on thanks gb B)

here is the report i fist got

Dear Leeia,

Thank you for bringing your birds to see me today. As promised, below is a summary of the visit. Post Mortem Examination: A hen bird which died overnight. The bird was thin and looked to have vomit around her beak. On internal examination she had an enlarged liver and spleen. Her oviduct was enlarged, suggesting recent egg laying behaviour. No evidence of canker, coccidia or worms was seen. She did have moderate numbers of megabacteria in her proventriculus. No obvious lesions were seen in association with this and I don't believe that megabacteria is the cause of death. A swab was taken from her liver and spleen for a Chlamydia test. Live birds in clinic: All of these birds were thin. Most were bobbing their tails – this happens when they have trouble breathing and is suggestive of a respiratory infection. Crop flush: Several birds were negative, One bird had low numbers of canker Faecal Smears: No parasites found. We have identified at least two different problems in your birds today.

• Respiratory infection – probably Chlamydia (also known as Psittacosis). This disease causes sneezing, nasal discharge, tail bobbing, weight loss, green urates and many other general signs of illness. We have sent off a swab from the dead bird to check for this disease. If this is positive, we will treat all birds with Doxyvet in the water for 45 days.
  • Canker – this was detected in only 1 bird so it is present in the aviary. I don't believe that this is causing a major problem for you at the moment but it should be treated before it becomes a problem. This will require ongoing treatment with Turbosole for control.

Treatment required now:

• Doxyvet in drinking water – 1 scoop in 2L. Provide this fresh daily until I phone you with results – I expect this to be 2 weeks.

While birds are on doxyvet it is best to remove mineral scources such as grit and calcium blocks. This should only be done if the birds are not breeding.

• Turbosole in drinking water – 1 scoop in 2L. Provide fresh daily for 10 days. This should be repeated every 3 months to control canker.
  • When other medications are finished, probiotics should be used for several days.

NOTE: When combining medications in the drinking water, add the scoop of each medication into the same 2L of water. Do not make up separate mixtures and combine as this will be diluting the medication Preventative Treatments: 1. Canker: Turbosole 1scoop in 2L drinking water for 10 days in a row every 3 months. 2. Coccidia: Baycox 3ml in 1L drinking water for 7 days in a row every 3 months. 3. Worms: Ivermectin or Moxidectin as directed every 3 months for worms and mites. These treatments should be given soon before pairing each season. Please call if you have any further enquiries. Regards

Edited by GenericBlue

Again GB, it is really hard to advise you well without actually seeing your birds. B)

Respiratory illness is budgies is treated with Moxi T, a Rob Marshall product and Pooey bums is treated effectively with a sulpha based med such as Triple C. B)

BUT you said you didn't want to treat them any more and it was going to be survival of the fittest .... Have you lost any birds between Friday and today to make you consider medication as an option? B)

:) Best of Luck!

Edited by renee

Again GB, it is really hard to advise you well without actually seeing your birds. B)

Respiratory illness is budgies is treated with Moxi T, a Rob Marshall product and Pooey bums is treated effectively with a sulpha based med such as Triple C. :D

BUT you said you didn't want to treat them any more and it was going to be survival of the fittest .... Have you lost any birds between Friday and today to make you consider medication as an option? B)

:) Best of Luck!

no mate i have lost no one

since the two went down hard last month

im just a bit concerned i guess

and worried about a few birds that i really don't want to lose B)

its not easy getting good stock and i think i have been very fortunate that i have been given the opportunity to gather a number of good birds from various breeders whom i respect i just dont want to risk my birds dieing as something was over looked

i know anyone else would be trying thier all to find out whats going on

as for not wanting to medicate

of course i dont want to if its not necessary but really

i dont know whats necessary anymore at all

its all a bit over whelming for me

although im coping im just at a loss seeing my normally fantastic looking vibrant birds look a tad under weather :D

no mate i have lost no one

since the two went down hard last month

im just a bit concerned i guess

and worried about a few birds that i really don't want to lose B)

its not easy getting good stock and i think i have been very fortunate that i have been given the opportunity to gather a number of good birds from various breeders whom i respect i just dont want to risk my birds dieing as something was over looked

i know anyone else would be trying thier all to find out whats going on

as for not wanting to medicate

of course i dont want to if its not necessary but really

i dont know whats necessary anymore at all

its all a bit over whelming for me

although im coping im just at a loss seeing my normally fantastic looking vibrant birds look a tad under weather :D

Well good news you haven't lost any. B)

And as for not knowing what to do, yeah that is totally understandable as you are on that hair-raising fast learning curve that we all go through when we are starting our stud : New birds from different aviaries PLUS limited experience with diagnosis and treatment B) It can be a nightmare. But chin up! Look for the silver lining and you will see that as disconcerting and horrible that is right now you are finding out lots and lots and what you figure out now will stand you in good stead for the future. :)