• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  160
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Rigel my sky blue cinnamon is a bossy boots & has a fantastic way of letting me know what he wants.

Some examples, I was in the lounge & I heard the ‘angry dolphin noise’ ‘Eck eck eck eck’ & looked & he was sitting on the sink wanting a drink from the tap.

Eg 2: In trying to convert Rigel to pellets I would just put a small scoop of seed & pellet mix to encourage him to not just pick out the good bits. There was fresh vegies & a seed bell in his cage so he wasn’t starving but he did a couple of times pick up the dish & let it drop noisily on the cage to get my attention when it was time to replace the seed/pellet mix. One day I was cleaning & I could hear noise but was just ignoring it & then I heard ‘angry dolphin noise’ & looked & he picked up the dish & let it drop again. Apparently he had been doing it & lost patience with me not noticing his efforts. He seems to accept my limitations.

Eg 3: The 3 stages of wanting to be let out of the cage. Step 1: Hang off the front of the cage right in the middle so she can see me. Step 2: She’s not the sharpest tool in the shed so I’ll pace backwards & forwards on the cage floor in front of the door several times. Step 3: Press the button of my talking toy over & over that says “hello” loudly. Step 4: Back to step 1 & follow through with the process until I get my way as I know I will get my way eventually.

Eg 4: Rigel gets excited when he sees me go to the millet spray box knowing the delicious goodies it holds. I had lazily left it out for a few days & Rigel landed on top of the millet spray box, it fell over & he just hovered & then landed on it again. Hmmmm what could he be trying to say?

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

Rigel my sky blue cinnamon is a bossy boots & has a fantastic way of letting me know what he wants.

Some examples, I was in the lounge & I heard the 'angry dolphin noise' 'Eck eck eck eck' & looked & he was sitting on the sink wanting a drink from the tap.

Eg 2: In trying to convert Rigel to pellets I would just put a small scoop of seed & pellet mix to encourage him to not just pick out the good bits. There was fresh vegies & a seed bell in his cage so he wasn't starving but he did a couple of times pick up the dish & let it drop noisily on the cage to get my attention when it was time to replace the seed/pellet mix. One day I was cleaning & I could hear noise but was just ignoring it & then I heard 'angry dolphin noise' & looked & he picked up the dish & let it drop again. Apparently he had been doing it & lost patience with me not noticing his efforts. He seems to accept my limitations.

Eg 3: The 3 stages of wanting to be let out of the cage. Step 1: Hang off the front of the cage right in the middle so she can see me. Step 2: She's not the sharpest tool in the shed so I'll pace backwards & forwards on the cage floor in front of the door several times. Step 3: Press the button of my talking toy over & over that says "hello" loudly. Step 4: Back to step 1 & follow through with the process until I get my way as I know I will get my way eventually.

Eg 4: Rigel gets excited when he sees me go to the millet spray box knowing the delicious goodies it holds. I had lazily left it out for a few days & Rigel landed on top of the millet spray box, it fell over & he just hovered & then landed on it again. Hmmmm what could he be trying to say?

How very cute. Pet budgies gotta be about the best things out. They are so smart and Rigel soulds like he's got ou well worked out! :)

• Member ID:  4,388
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  13,420

Budgies are just the best, aren't they? :wub: They are so full of personality!

Even my show budgies in the aviary have there way of letting me know what they want - a couple of them get on the wire and chirp to me - which means come and have a look, you need to give us fresh water, or put on the sprinkler ...

The ring leaders are inevitably birds that I have bred and formed that special bond with from 'chick-hood'. When I go into the aviary (without a net in hand B) ) they come and sit on my head and shoulders and pull my hair and nibble my ears. :)

Gotta Luv 'Em! :)