• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  5,070
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  27/10/1957

Not be a pain or anything but the squares are actually called Punnett Squares which were designed by Reginald C Punnett.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

Not be a pain or anything but the squares are actually called Punnett Squares which were designed by Reginald C Punnett.

you a pain never :) ps i was thinking of calling you today but .... well thought that counts hey mate :)

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

Definitely a pain RIP.

I'm ALWAYS going to honour my high school science teacher and his calling them Mendel Squares so no matter HOW many times you make this point it won't make an inch of difference okay!

Just like trying to explain to some notable budgie breeders that YF is recessive to green and not masked by it, right ;)

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Just like trying to explain to some notable budgie breeders that YF is recessive to green and not masked by it, right ;)

:D :D :D :D

• Member ID:  4,902
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  5,070
  • Birthday:  27/10/1957

Definitely a pain RIP. YUP! :rolleyes:

I'm ALWAYS going to honour my high school science teacher and his calling them Mendel Squares so no matter HOW many times you make this point it won't make an inch of difference okay! Well sorry, but ya teacher got this one wrong.

Good luck. Some people just can't assimilate and prefer to listen to the usual run of the mill BS!

• Member ID:  4,389
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1,690

Definitely a pain RIP. YUP! :rolleyes:

I'm ALWAYS going to honour my high school science teacher and his calling them Mendel Squares so no matter HOW many times you make this point it won't make an inch of difference okay! Well sorry, but ya teacher got this one wrong.

Good luck. Some people just can't assimilate and prefer to listen to the usual run of the mill BS!

When faced with this argument I just ask them to explain to me how YF is masked in both SF and DF and how you breed such birds. That usually stumps them.

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

Definitely a pain RIP.

I'm ALWAYS going to honour my high school science teacher and his calling them Mendel Squares so no matter HOW many times you make this point it won't make an inch of difference okay!

And anyway Punnetts just make me think of vegetables and lots of sh*t (for when I'm planting my vegie patch) so I don't give a flying f*uck who designed bl**dy punnetts, it was mendel who was the smart bugger who figured out the who system so mendel squares it is for me - right wrong or otherwise.

Now I'm just off to stick sneaky "Mendel Squares" in every post I make........ see if you can find them all RIP ;)

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

Definitely a pain RIP.

And anyway Punnetts just make me think of vegetables and lots of sh*t (for when I'm planting my vegie patch) so I don't give a flying f*uck who designed bl**dy punnetts, it was mendel who was the smart bugger who figured out the who system so mendel squares it is for me - right wrong or otherwise.

Now I'm just off to stick sneaky "Mendel Squares" in every post I make........ see if you can find them all RIP ;)

ba ha ha ha crack up :P:)