anne101

Watermelon

I'm sure this is on the forum somewhere, I have done a search for "safe foods" etc....can't find watermelon....is it okay??

Thanks B)

hmm im pretty sure it is BUT in small amounts ? ill leave this one to the proffesionals. but i do think if a little bit i would be because the water content would cause diareahh but dont quote me on that

hmm im pretty sure it is BUT in small amounts ? ill leave this one to the proffesionals. but i do think if a little bit i would be because the water content would cause diareahh but dont quote me on that

Thanks for the reply LBB.....I'll see what the others say.... :raincloud:

Watermelon is safe. Its one of the fruits safer than others due to being less inclined to hold pesticide residues. I am under the impression its to be served without seeds but have no facts to back up whether or not the seeds are harmful to budgies.

I would also be inclined to agree with Kaz. I have fed it before and I usually give them the seedless one. I also tend to think it is similar to those fruits and veggies as in nutrient value and water content. I wouldn't feed it to them all the time or in massive amounts, but in a mix with other fruits and veggies would be fine.

The seeds when crunched into by mistake remind me of apple seeds...

okay....Thanks everyone :raincloud: