budgieloverkirsty

How Old Are These Budgies?

Close up clear photos of iris rings required please ?

How old is this Budgie?

DSCF5281.jpg

this one looks to be just going or comming out of its first molt i wouldnt breed her

Is this Budgie in Condition?

DSCF5279.jpg

this hen i would say is old enough to breed and as far as in condition goes both cocks and hens need to be in condition or you will get all infertile eggs this is a mistake many people make

blaming the birds for their clear season when it is but their own eagerness that has contributed to this happening

so ....something to think about

i made this mistake one but since then i have learned that this information is actually correct

i couldn't tell you from a cere if a bird was in season or out but i can tell by watching my birds whats going on and who is in breeding condition and who is not

their actions speak alot louder than a brown cere sit and watch if she is active and chewing things pupils contracting and dilating when chatting displaying iratic behaviour in aviary then i would say give her a go her feather looks good another sighn when the are at their best looking your asured that their in good breeding condition my birds always look fantastic before i put them up

also make sure she has a good fat contence on her as sitting nest thins them out :unsure:

Excellent good advice GB :unsure:

Excellent good advice GB :laughter:

:unsure: thank you :sadsorry: splat

not totally dim as i sim :laughter:

Why thankyou :sadsorry: GB :laughter:

The first Bird has only just in the last couple of weeks developed her iris ring, I am not wanting to breed her I just would like to know how old she is

Thanks For your Advice GB, VERY HELPFUL

I appreciate all the members on this site who help me out.

Kirsty

it is nice to see people want to do right by their birds and i will help anyone with what ever i can

although i myself am learning all the time

you never stop finding out new thing

and im not always right ;)

although i try not to say anything unless im sure or if its a suggestion

most people on this sight help out just sometimes theirs no point for all to as answer has been given by other members