Sign in to follow this  
Shaun

New Budgies

On the 24th of June this year my pet budgie Charlie went missing and i still miss her very much to this day, if you would like to read about that here is the link: http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index....showtopic=26271

Now time has gone on and months in between, i am starting to think about getting some new budgies. I never could or want to replace Charlie she was my first pet and the best pet ive ever had. But i do love budgies in general.

So what i thought is if i got 2 budgies this time, it wouldnt be the same as when i had charlie anyway (not that i didnt enjoy that because i did very much so, i just dont want to replace her). So basically i had a few questions,

Do you think its an appropriate time to get them ?

Whats the best to get 2 males or 2 females ?

What else do i need to take into consideration having 2 instead of 1 ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Shaun

On the 24th of June this year my pet budgie Charlie went missing and i still miss her very much to this day, if you would like to read about that here is the link: http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index....showtopic=26271

Now time has gone on and months in between, i am starting to think about getting some new budgies. I never could or want to replace Charlie she was my first pet and the best pet ive ever had. But i do love budgies in general.

So what i thought is if i got 2 budgies this time, it wouldnt be the same as when i had charlie anyway (not that i didnt enjoy that because i did very much so, i just dont want to replace her). So basically i had a few questions,

Do you think its an appropriate time to get them ?

Anytime is okay. It is how you you feel about it that matters.

Whats the best to get 2 males or 2 females ?

having 2 males is better. 2 females tend to fight with each other more then 2 males would.

What else do i need to take into consideration having 2 instead of 1 ?

They will be a little bit more nosier and messier but it is not too bad.

They will tend to bond with each other more, rather then with a human.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Shaun