splat

Doing A Course

good for you

hope it all goes well keep us posted :rofl:

Thanks Dave quite excited, it cheered me up a bit :rofl:

I have some promising news.

Thursday I sent out letters to vets, wild park and 1 pet shop because this pet shop is the only one in our area that has all types of animals, anyway I asked for placement.

Yesterday I got a phone call from the pet shop and I have a placement but I would like to do it at a vets too anyway a vet clinic rang me this morning and they had a job available so I have applied for that along with hundreds of others but the women from there that does the dog grooming rang me and told me to ring and apply for it as it would be great for my course, the job is receptionist.

Any it is all looking good at least they are taking me seriously and not just throwing my letters away. Hopfully there will be more feedback and phone calls next week.. :rofl:

Terrific news !!!! :D

Yep I'm excited Kaz even with pet shop because it's a very nice clean one with really nice people who run it and atleast with that placement I can still do the course BUT I am crossing my fingers for the vet one or I hope another vet contacts me, If I don't here anything after one week I will start ringing them, that's a good idea don't you all think, chance them :rofl:

SOME PEOPLE only try to take advantage of you.

That phone call I got last week was from a pet shop so off I went yesterday for my interview and when I got there I asked for the 2 people I was ment to but it was the wrong shop ,now I am thinking how could this be as I only sent a letter to only 1 pet shop so off I drive home 95ks round trip for nothing.

Anyway when I got home I rang the number on my mobile phone and sked if these people were there and yep sure as the women I was after had answered the phone I explained to her what had happened and she sounded very shitty as she had been waiting for me to turn up for 2 hours, Anyway I apoliged and made another appointment for Mondat next week.

But I am still confused as to how my letter made it's way there as I do not like that pet shop.

Today while I was at work I got a phone call from the pet shop that I went to yesterday the one I wanted to work at and they explained to me that the women from the other pet shop is a vet nurse at one of the vet clinics I applied at she was very sneaky and took my details to her pet shop that her and her husband own and rang me offering a placement. What a cheek any thing for free labor, :(

Anyway the the pet I want to work at offered me a placement and actually I think a job as someone is leaving :D

So end the end going to the wrong per shop paid off. Oh and they did get my letter but hadn't had time to process it.

So I came home today and rang the dodgy pet shop and told them I wasn't interested as I never did send a letter to them.

I have a placement at the best Vet in town, I am so excited, I cant wait to start in Feb next year.

All those doing the course should start up a yahoo group or something? Would you like me to do that? Or is there a better system for starting a email group?

Kirsty

I have a placement at the best Vet in town, I am so excited, I cant wait to start in Feb next year.

All those doing the course should start up a yahoo group or something? Would you like me to do that? Or is there a better system for starting a email group?

Kirsty

Yes that would be great but you will have to guide me on to how to find it :( I am still working on a vet placement looks like I am too late as they seem to already have placements, BUT I haven't given up yet.

Splat,

fantastic news!! I think you will find that this is one area where a lot of employers would find maturity and life experience an asset. Getting into animal studies/vet nursing is a sort of 'typical kiddies dream', like being a fireman. A lot of young kids head there and then realise that they really don't have the passion for it.

Good luck with it!

Aly

*hugz*

Edited by Feathers

Thank you Aly but I haven't got my foot in a vet door yet but at least I have a pet shop, but gee she asjed me if I like snakes and I sqirmed a little and she said what about lizards and I said better than snakes, BUt she she replied she won't touch the snakes either so shooooo. :(

Edited by splat

Thanks will look at that later :(

Paid my enrolment fees yesterday, well 3/4s, they told me a set price Wednesday and yesterday I went to pay and they almost charged full price :fear over a thousand dollars because I had done a Diplaome ten years ago. BUT I was lucky but they said if I had enroled next year it would be heaps because of my diploma and how the goverment has changed things.

Evidently you can't study anything lower than what you have already study so in other words I need to study a advance or a degree, WHAT **** as this is a completley different feild. My diploma was for Graphic Arts, this certificate is for animal studies and any way they don't have a diploma in this course and you have to start at the bottom and work yor way up, like next year I will do animal companion Cert 111 if it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

BUT any way I went into pay and they have added on some modules from animal companioncert 111 so I needed another $168 so I told them I will pay that next week. annoyed :D

AND the best news is I think i might have a placement at a vet clinic plus the pet shop.

Paid my enrolment fees yesterday, well 3/4s, they told me a set price Wednesday and yesterday I went to pay and they almost charged full price :what: over a thousand dollars because I had done a Diplaome ten years ago. BUT I was lucky but they said if I had enroled next year it would be heaps because of my diploma and how the goverment has changed things.

Evidently you can't study anything lower than what you have already study so in other words I need to study a advance or a degree, WHAT **** as this is a completley different feild. My diploma was for Graphic Arts, this certificate is for animal studies and any way they don't have a diploma in this course and you have to start at the bottom and work yor way up, like next year I will do animal companion Cert 111 if it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

BUT any way I went into pay and they have added on some modules from animal companioncert 111 so I needed another $168 so I told them I will pay that next week. annoyed :)

AND the best news is I think i might have a placement at a vet clinic plus the pet shop.

thats good splat best of luck hun im thinking of you

hope it all works in your favor im sure it will the placements im refering to

Thankyou GB will ring again on Monday, I think it's time I started hounding them :)

Thats really good news Mate :)

Thanks Kaz but they didn't ring back but they were busy so I will ring Monday