feather clipping

Guest xgrnxeggx

Guest xgrnxeggx

i clip my own budgie's feathers. but recently my friend suggested clipping his tail feathers along with his wing. i am weary about this. so i would like to know what you think.

• Member ID:  198
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

What would be the purpose? I would not.

Guest eterri

I agree, there's no reason to cut a bird's tailfeathers. I can't understand what logic your friend has based her advice on. Maybe she's seen it done elsewhere and figures it's the norm? I once saw a picture of a few cockatiels with clipped tailfeathers and not only did it look horrible but again, it served no purpose. I think in that case someone just got scissor-happy because when questioned about it, the owner removed the pictures and disappeared from that particular community.

• Member ID:  875
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  826
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  7,200
  • Birthday:  15/01/1976

I would never clip anyof my birds wings tails or anything - I know its supposed to help taming but birds are meant to fly - could be also why I have 2 non tame birds hehehe!

• Member ID:  117
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  4,380
  • Birthday:  15/06/1962

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! do NOT clip your birds tailfeathers! I would personally like to clip or stretch the neck of the person who suggested this! NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest pixie25

i second that! this is coming from an owner of a budgie with a stumpy tail through no fault of his own and it isnt very comfortable for him and it does cause him to lose his balance easily. please do not put the health and happiness of your little budgies at risk through such a pointless act.

Guest Cindy

:):( I have never heard of such rubbish. They need their tails. If it was a male that suggested that idea, I know what I would like to cut off him, ands see how he'd like that.

Cindy

Guest Luckys Gal

okay this person is a 'weirdo' (Laughing out loud)

dont listen to this person, they dont know much about budgies, i mean clipping the wings is bad enough, no need to cut the poor budgies tail off! its like you've already cut half its arm off now you gunna cut its (back-up arm) (Laughing out loud) off. hmmmmm....

okay ill stop, dont get me started on clipping it infuriates me, but thats just my opinion. :yelling:

Guest Sparky

I agree with everyone aswell. What is the point on clipping the tail? :bluebudgie:

I mean Sparky can bug me at times and I can have visions of tying Sparky's beak together but I would never think of clipping his tail feathers. :excl:

*oh and I hope I haven't upset you Cindy* :)

(Laughing out loud) just kidding :(Laughing out loud):

Guest Cindy
I agree with everyone aswell. What is the point on clipping the tail? :blush:

I mean Sparky can bug me at times and I can have visions of tying Sparky's beak together but I would never think of clipping his tail feathers. :excl:

*oh and I hope I haven't upset you Cindy* :fear

(Laughing out loud) just kidding :(Laughing out loud):

:(Laughing out loud): :(Laughing out loud): No you havent upset me, it would take a lot more than that. Actually I feel like super-glueing Tweeties beak at times. :o Just kidding

Cindy