pickles

Help With Currawongs

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I have been breeding budgies for about 10 years and have just moved to a new house and built a new avairy. I'm having terrible trouble with Pied Currawongs scaring my budgies. Does anyone have any suggestions of something that i could hang up to scare them away? They are becoming a real pain.

I have tried hanging a fake owl but if they could laugh at it then i think they would. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Brian.

Not sure about species specific... but try old cd's, the bladders of cask's of wine, tinsel... anything that will catch the sun...

Bird netting as an outer wall set further out from your aviary mesh ? Available from all good hardware stores.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. I have been breeding budgies for about 10 years and have just moved to a new house and built a new avairy. I'm having terrible trouble with Pied Currawongs scaring my budgies. Does anyone have any suggestions of something that i could hang up to scare them away? They are becoming a real pain.

I have tried hanging a fake owl but if they could laugh at it then i think they would. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian i use old cds as long as u you dont put then right next to avairy as they can then scare the budgies i hang mine about 2 ft away it does work and as Kaz said bird netting is the way to go

Edited by birdluv
please do not use unapproved shortcuts.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions and help. I will give them a try!

Brian.

Scare crows are good and wont scare the budgies either :D