• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  3,690
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  13/08/1992

thats the difference between breeding for profit and breeding for enjoyment and challenge

we are lucky in this country

we have things alot easyer

i am not condoning the breeding of budgies at such young ages

and they are way to young

nor do i condole the breeding of birds in such a manner

the birds clearly have no were to fly perch to perch

and in my veiw this is very cruel

but thats me

i want to thank you for posting these pics as it shows us what the mass production of birds and how it is set up really is like

i always wondered what a bird factory looked like

and now i know

birds lay better after a year old they lay more eggs to a clutch and they also feed the young better

if you just tryed this with even just a few birds you would see im right

you would benefit more in profit as you would produces more chicks bigger and healthier due to the mum and dad feeding better

and your birds would benefit in health

i understand you need to breed them as for demand

but you would have more birds if you did wait the extra time

i did see some boxes closed off and they were pretty clean so you must look after them why not go one more step

and let the birds mature a bit longer as the benefits are and will over ride the bit of cash flow you may lose in between

you could try it with some birds and when you see the good results you could slowly change your whole breeding colony

to being the desired age

as i said benefiting you and your birds

again thanks for sharing you have some lovely birds

i would also add another perch for them to fly across to keep their wings exicized

toughs perches are good idea by way easy to take out and clean :(

well hope you at least think about letting just a few birds maturer to 1 year at least 10 months if you can do that then at least they will be

11 months when they lay after pairing and 12 when raissing the hatched chicks ^_^

Excellent Post.

Edited by birdluv
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  5,074
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  2,415

Oh my... how different the breeding of budgies is over there in comparison to here in Australia. :o

Those philly birds live in isolation compared to bird places I have seen in the western suburbs here... before anyone gets too excited.

Meaning what Richo ? :)

Meaning the overcrowding you see where birds can not all perch, perhaps 30 maybe more in one of those breeding cages. Absolutely heart breaking. But back to marion, i mean she is a joke right? Selling our beloved budgies for bioresearch!!! [posted 23.48 yesterday]

• Member ID:  5,298
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  518
  • Achievement Points:  2,950
  • Birthday:  10/03/1978

thats the difference between breeding for profit and breeding for enjoyment and challenge

but thats me

i want to thank you for posting these pics as it shows us what the mass production of birds and how it is set up really is like

and now i know

birds lay better after a year old they lay more eggs to a clutch and they also feed the young better

you would benefit more in profit as you would produces more chicks bigger and healthier due to the mum and dad feeding better

i did see some boxes closed off and they were pretty clean so u must look after them why not go one more step

and let the birds mature a bit longer as the benefits are and will over ride the bit of cash flow you may lose in between

you could try it with some birds and when you see the good results you could slowly change your whole breeding colony

to being the desired age

i would also add another perch for them to fly across to keep their wings exicized

toughs perches are good idea by way easy to take out and clean B)

well hope you at least think about letting just a few birds maturer to 1 year at least 10 months if you can do that then at least they will be

11 months when they lay after pairing and 12 when raissing the hatched chicks :)

gb, no doubts you almost made me cry with this post...alot of love put into that.. i agree... please dont have budgies llike that amount if you cannot provide the best conditions for them...i do hope that you keep them in a larger cage with more room to fly to at least twelve months... its when they breed best.. breeding them too young may cause them to have breeding problems..then you need to pay vet expenses etc. and you may lose the poor unfortunate bird in some way..ALSO they have utterly no room in those breeding cages..it is quite creul. PLEASE dont have birds like that for bioreasearch :o if you want, you can read this....

http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index....c=22068&hl=

they are beautiful birds you have...simply adorable :)

Edited by birdluv

• Member ID:  5,011
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  130
  • Birthday:  27/07/1983

Oh my... how different the breeding of budgies is over there in comparison to here in Australia. :o

Those philly birds live in isolation compared to bird places I have seen in the western suburbs here... before anyone gets too excited.

Meaning what Richo ? :)

Meaning the overcrowding you see where birds can not all perch, perhaps 30 maybe more in one of those breeding cages. Absolutely heart breaking. But back to marion, i mean she is a joke right? Selling our beloved budgies for bioresearch!!! [posted 23.48 yesterday]

but thats me

and now i know

i did see some boxes closed off and they were pretty clean so u must look after them why not go one more step

to being the desired age

toughs perches are good idea by way easy to take out and clean

11 months when they lay after pairing and 12 when raissing the hatched chicks

gb, no doubts you almost made me cry with this post...alot of love put into that.. i agree... please dont have budgies llike that amount if you annot provide the best conditions for them...i do hope that you keep them in a larger cage with more room to fly to at least twelve months... its when they breed best.. breeding them too young may cause them to have breeding problems..then you need to pay vet expenses etc. and you may lose the poor unfortunate bird in some way..ALSO they have utterly no room in those breeding cages..it is quite creul. PLEASE dont have birds like that for bioreasearch if you want, you can read this....

http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index....c=22068&hl=

they are beautiful birds you have...simply adorable

LOL !

Alright IM A JOKE .... and the joke I created is the reason why my family's eating 3x a day 7 days a week .

By The Way, BIORESEARCH is the largest petshop here in our country .

If all of you guys hated me and think Im cruel , then that's for all of us Filipino parakeet breeders , Im breeding by our countrymen's standard , not yours AND THAT IS THE STANDARD BREEDING CAGE AVAILABLE HERE IN THE COUNTRY.

and RICHO Those birds you saw are the ones for sale .

ohh one thing more , bird pair's ratio for EGGBOUND is 1 is to 100 pairs that's within this year.

Hope you guys know something about EVOLUTION.

my dad's been breeding parakeets even before I was born and I am following same standard that he follows. My dad have his own flocks and my 10 original breeding pairs came from him.

havent had any idea that posting my bird's pics would make me start hating this forums. anyways who cares ?? Im cruel cause I am not breeding by your STANDARDS right?

Edited by Marlon

• Member ID:  5,011
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  130
  • Birthday:  27/07/1983

and to those asking where the babies to be bred are kept , they'll stay there for six months (which is CRUEL and not following YOUR STANDARDS) until ready for breeding.

As a breeder and a businessman I need to separate the birds to be bred from birds to be picked up by pet stores.

PICT0325.jpg

Hope this is spacious enough for you all .

Edited by Marlon

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

and to those asking where the babies to be bred are kept , they'll stay there for six months (which is CRUEL and not following YOUR STANDARDS) until ready for breeding.

As a breeder and a businessman I need to separate the birds to be bred from birds to be picked up by pet stores.

PICT0325.jpg

sorry if you think we are all putting you down

i for one am not

however your and you alone have the power to change the way things are done over their in your contry

i relize that theses birds feed you and your familey

i also relize that your contrys standards are diffrent and as far as breeding in your contry you are one of the ones that do actually care for your birds

that is clear to me

as i can see the cleanliness the veggies and the fact that the birds are not wasted or inbreed to point that they are showing sighns of feather mutating

its up to you to others and teach your children when they take your place as a breeder to support their family and you when your older

just because somethings allowed does not make it right

no matter what contry or standed regulations

you your self have the power to change this as being a large breeder you could show others in the buissness in your country that in waitting the bit longer to breed

your birds will be healthyer and you will make more money for your family as this will mean more birds less lose and healthyer larger chicks

we in Australia do not have a rule when to breed our birds

it is our choice chosen by each individual one of us and believe me not every one here has their birds interest at heart and as i stated do not treat their birds as you do( clean)

im not saying you do not care for your birds

i am saying you could change the whole breeding system around in your country by incorraging the breeding of birds at a more mature age you seem to care enough about them to clean them and i only suggested you give breeding older birds a go look at the out come and rezults see the benifits of this and slowly take it on over the months

you wont even see the decline in money as the birds that you put up at 12 months of age will produce more chicks in their clutches than the ones you put up at 6 months of age

us Australians dont see the difficulty's you have in keeping your family's above

but in saying this we are not much better off our-selfs

we also struggle to feed our family's and keep them housed

we here on this forum have strong beliefs about the age birds should be breed as we truly hold a love of these little birds beyond the fact that we may make a dollar here or their

most of us breed our birds for enjoyment and the pleasure of seeing some one else find a haplessness in these little birds beautiful personality they bring joy into our lifes not money

and thus we will see you in a complete different light

im sorry you feel we are against you

we are not against you we are against the thought of our dear little friends being over breed and mass produced with out thought of their individual needed s for a bit of space and rest and why .....for money ,we talk to our birds we sit with them *** we even name them

if something goes wrong we take them to the vet

if they die most of us burry them in the ground ,you probably just toss their little bodys in the bin with disregared

you would not understand our way of thinking about these little birds

just as we wont ever understand how money could mean more to you then their life span

as breeding them so young can only be detrimental to them not a benefit

we here on our forum have people who have gone with out certain things just to pay a vet bill

this would never even cross your mind in your contry it is the diffrence between our cultures but in saying that our forum is world wide

it is a shame you wont even give breeding your birds at a latter age as the benefits to you your family and your birds would be greater ,you also could start a new business regin as when people catch on that you are making more profit and more birds ,they two will want this extra income and in this could change the whole way in which your contry breeds and houses its stock

it takes one pebble in a river bed to flow free and soon enough the rest will flow with it . :)

why not try being that pebble

• Member ID:  3,771
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  39,450
  • Birthday:  09/04/1911

Beautiful post GB and i completely agree with you :)

• Member ID:  5,098
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  293
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  2,030
  • Birthday:  23/04/1989

That was a great post GenericBlue every word of it :)

• Member ID:  4,879
  • Content Count:  974
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  5,370

Excellent post GB :) Totally agree.

It is evident that there is a bit of a split in this set up - on one hand you can see the cleaning and food provided - no-one can deny that this would take considerable time and effort to mainatain. But on the other it sometimes seems that it is easier to say "its what everyone does, so why should i be different". The responsibility of every breeder, large or small, is to provide the best possible environment that they can. I understand finances are a crucial factor in deciding what you can provide your birds, but as we ALL know, spending a bit more money and providing better for your birds health and wellbeing pays off hugely in the long run. Self-education as a breeder is a responsibility, not an optional possibility to consider at some point.

Im glad Marlon has come to this forum and shown us the standards there. We do have different standards, and because of the difference between our practices we are shocked in many ways. I hope Marlon, that you aren't put off by our reactions and understand how you might react in our situation and use this as an opportunity to educate yourself and become a leader and top breeder, regardless of the fact that you are a commercial breeder. You wont find a better place for information, assistance and encouragement.

Hope to hear more.

Edited by Dean_NZ

PICT0325.jpg

You misread the answer to a previous question. Did I misread where you sell to a pet shop called BIORESEARCH.

• Member ID:  5,199
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  941
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5,680

G_B.....Totally agree....you made me cry....

G_B.....Totally agree....you made me cry....

:D sorry not my intention

but i do think their are people who treat their birds worse than our Philippine friend and yes birds are being bred young but this is as he has stated how things have been his whole life generation to generation

he has joined our forum to enhance his knowledge and share with us his breeding experiences

and he has been ridiculed with out thought

no one gave thought to his culture or his reasons for breeding birds in such large quantatys

you can see he cares for his birds through the clenleness of his flight

yes they lack perches to fly to and from

yes they are breed to young

and yes its for money not for enjoyment

but obviously to join our forum in the first place ( apart from trying to get us to send birds over seas )

he has a love of them the same as us to sit here as we do and read others experiences and knowledge

i can not apologize for others words and quick judgment

and i meant every word i wrote

and i only hope he reads this post and understands that we were all just a bit shocked by the idea of a baby being breed so soon

if i could say sorry for a few things said i would but i can not its all been peoples views and opinions that is up to them if they see it fit

but what i can say is please do not leave our forum please i only hope you strive to change the future in your bird businesses over in your country ,even if it is only you that changes

thats 450 birds treated more humanely than they were

add some perches in the form of tree branches to your larger flight the birds will love it as will you when you see them all nestled amongst them as if they were wild and free ,you will see the real beautie and nature's of our little feathered friends if you do this as they grined the bark chew the leaves and hang upside down playing your larer flights have the room why not give it a try you just grab a big branch of a tree and drag it inside the flight stand it up right as if it was growing tie it to the flight to steady it and watch the birds have the time of their lives ^_^

if you do please some pictures would be great

id love to see your birds doing what comes natural to them out in the wild

and mate you wont regrete putting them in it will bring a smile to your face just sitting watching them believe me

its worth the small effort of getting a fresh branch ,...just be sure its safe for the birds and not poisonis

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

I so totally understand that Marlon breeds his birds for his income. That was obvious right from the start. And I would totally understand that this would be an honorable way to provide for his family. I have done the maths and worked out that the income would be the primary support of Marlons family. I believe the average price of a budgie in the Phillipines is $7 australian dollars ? Would that be right Marlon ?

It is also obvious that Marlon is trying to provide the best he can for his birds within the realm of his knowledge.

First reaction from some of us.....a lot of us................are more about the ages of the birds being bred. I also have some concern for the fact that a lot in the breeding cages do not even have coloured ceres indicating breeding condition.

Obviously Marlons Dad did things this way and Marlon is following the tradition and business with maybe some better condtions for the birds as he can and as he learns about things needed.

Marlon also is under some mis information which seem to promote his beliefs and methods in the way he does things. The 12 month olds not breeding idea for instance which actually is not true but Marlon believes to be true. Maybe purely because everyone over there says so, and not so much because it has ever been tried any other way.

It is hard to change the ways of a lifetime just on the say so of others who happen to be from another country.

I would like to think Marlon could try a new way which I personally believe would result in more chicks per nest and healthier chicks also.

I also would not like to push marlon away.

We cannot however be judged lacking based on our reactions to such young budgies being bred. We are so used to advising new and young members about breeding age and this topic may well jeopardise our advice to our younger members who may see marlons ways as okay to try for themselves. We must be careful of flow on effects and how young breeders will perceive this practice.

I so totally understand that Marlon breeds his birds for his income. That was obvious right from the start. And I would totally understand that this would be an honorable way to provide for his family. I have done the maths and worked out that the income would be the primary support of Marlons family. I believe the average price of a budgie in the Phillipines is $7 australian dollars ? Would that be right Marlon ?

It is also obvious that Marlon is trying to provide the best he can for his birds within the realm of his knowledge.

First reaction from some of us.....a lot of us................are more about the ages of the birds being bred. I also have some concern for the fact that a lot in the breeding cages do not even have coloured ceres indicating breeding condition.

Obviously Marlons Dad did things this way and Marlon is following the tradition and business with maybe some better condtions for the birds as he can and as he learns about things needed.

Marlon also is under some mis information which seem to promote his beliefs and methods in the way he does things. The 12 month olds not breeding idea for instance which actually is not true but Marlon believes to be true. Maybe purely because everyone over there says so, and not so much because it has ever been tried any other way.

It is hard to change the ways of a lifetime just on the say so of others who happen to be from another country.

I would like to think Marlon could try a new way which I personally believe would result in more chicks per nest and healthier chicks also.

We cannot however be judged lacking based on our reactions to such young budgies being bred. We are so used to advising new and young members about breeding age and this topic may well jeopardise our advice to our younger members who may see marlons ways as okay to try for themselves. We must be careful of flow on effects and how young breeders will perceive this practice.

very well said kaz

you can always word things so in context

where's i have a tad of trouble :D

this has ended up being a very educational post for all of us ^_^

• Member ID:  5,243
  • Content Count:  649
  • Achievement Points:  3,690
  • Birthday:  13/08/1992

very well said kaz

you can always word things so in context

where's i have a tad of trouble :D

this has ended up being a very educational post for all of us B)

Indeed it was .... As we all said marlon, their's no disrespect to you at all.. The way's over their are much different to other country's as is with all country's for that matter.... so don't feel as if we are accusing you ... we are only trying to help ^_^

Edited by KAZ

• Member ID:  4,388
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  13,420

I have had a good look at the initial photos of your set up Marlon and I was wondering what your mortality rate is?

Over here in Australia there is a high incidence of psitacocis, canker and megabacteria, to name the main health problems. Which is why we strongly encourage everyone quarantine their new budgies.

As a major supplier of budgies/parakeets in the Phillipines I was wondering how inbred your birds are and how often you bring in 'new blood' or what is also referred to as 'outcrosses'.

Do you have many cases of feather dusters and Beak and Feather disease?

I note that many of your cages are made of wire, how do you go treating your birds for lice and mites?

Looking forward to you reply. :D

• Member ID:  4,763
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  529
  • Achievement Points:  3,070
  • Birthday:  11/05/1963

I hope everyone who have posted concerns about Marions breeding practices buy free range eggs!! ^_^

I hope everyone who have posted concerns about Marions breeding practices buy free range eggs!! ^_^

:P even better my friend has free roaming chickens

but i dont see how this has to do with marions birds ???? mind my ignorance please

id do a pauline hanson now ......................please explain

Well I use free range eggs and it has nothing to do with Marlons birds.

There were a few comments about "how things are done over there" They may be different birds but this is how things are done over here.

Pitts%20Farm.JPG

I agree with every word you've said GB, but I think we should do something about this first. ^_^

There were a few comments about "how things are done over there" They may be different birds but this is how things are done over here.

Pitts%20Farm.JPG

I agree with every word you've said GB, but I think we should do something about this first. ^_^

I love hens, all birds actually and those pictures make me very sad...

Pitts%20Farm.JPG

sorry hills my care factor on chickens is zerro

infact i worked at ingams and had the job of walking through and necking the ones that were hurt from over crowding or

attack

it was the most human thing to do given their cercome stances and we were taught a certain meathod of percedor to do it quick

i fail to see chicken farms like that anymore so i dont know where you pulled that from but even then thoughs chickens are all at league age to be laying so ????????

it is not allowed by law to keep chickens like that anymore

and if you know of a place that does then report it and it will be delt with

I love hens, all birds actually and those pictures make me very sad...

Me too Richo!!

Closing this topic as it has gone off on a tangent...............what battery chickens producing eggs has to do with breeding underaged budgies I do not know. :hap:

sorry hills my care factor on chickens is zerro

infact i worked at ingams and had the job of walking through and necking the ones that were hurt from over crowding or

attack

it was the most human thing to do given their cercome stances and we were taught a certain meathod of percedor to do it quick

i fail to see chicken farms like that anymore so i dont know where you pulled that from but even then thoughs chickens are all at league age to be laying so ????????

it is not allowed by law to keep chickens like that anymore

and if you know of a place that does then report it and it will be delt with

No worries GB, you have absolutely no need to appologise to me. The way you feel about chickens is probably exactly how budgie farmers feel about budgies.