• Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

hi guys well today i was talking with a breeder, and some my birds not well he suggested i get some a.v.s. (sulfa) so i am going to take his advice and get some can anyone tell me if they know of anywhere bar sidney that may have this

cheers gb

he did give me a number of a vet over their who i am going to call but just incase someone knows anywhere closer ?

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0

know one ????

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Sulpha A.V.S I wouldnt know if it was local to you, BUT can I ask what the breeder was suggesting you use it for exactly and if there is another medication you can use that is available to you ?

• Member ID:  4,396
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1,810
  • Birthday:  21/04/1974

try Rob Marshall - Birdhealth.com. Carlingford Vet clinic.

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

Sulphur D is another type. Why did he suggest this?

• 2 weeks later...

Sulpha A.V.S I wouldnt know if it was local to you, BUT can I ask what the breeder was suggesting you use it for exactly and if there is another medication you can use that is available to you ?
just as a up lift for my birds i had one not to good looking boy (who was removed ) but as he had been in with the flock i wanted to treat them all incase something bigger was happening i guess seeing him like that freaked me out so i decided to treat them all under his advice i used something else to treat them all cant remember name off hand will let you know when i look at bottle it was a 5 day treatment covering most things changed dayly he went to vet last friday as still did not improve and to date he still unwell the vets **** though and i feel i wasted alot of money and still no awnser to whats wrong or weather i should be worryed i tryed to get a vet to come out or see if they would look at a few randoms but they looked didnt even touch one bird and said ivomectom for 5 days twice dayly water change for the whole flock and im going down tomorrow to get something else she said i might as well treat for everything so... shes the vet personally i think they look worse for it and have not been able to have their dayly veggies fruit for almost week and a half im not happy that they all needed it and belive i may of given some of them a fungul infection from the antibodys so now the vet giving something else i can only trust in them as i dont know i just know they were all good exept this one and they were good for weeks untill i treated them all now im parranoyed and cant tell whats what as they molting as well now and going to be moved for fourth time this last few months its all to much for them i think and me their poo all good a few got loose but i removed them also infact i have taken all birds out aviry and placed in cages as so i can monitor them the ones who look all good are in my spare aviry but still being treated i will let you know out come
Sulphur D is another type. Why did he suggest this?
it was sugested as i thought the bird may have gotten a cold and because he has show birds i guess thats what he treats his with he said it would just boost them a bit ?what is the real deal with it whats it used for ????

• Member ID:  3,771
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  39,450
  • Birthday:  09/04/1911

Sulpha is for treating Coccidiosis which is from a damp aviary floor and moisture getting to the seed etc. It also treats Enteritis which is gastro/food poisoning.

Do any of your birds have runny poo and yucky vents??

Edited by **Liv**

Sulpha is for treating Coccidiosis which is from a damp aviary floor and moisture getting to the seed etc. It also treats Enteritis which is gastro/food poisoning.

Do any of your birds have runny poo and yucky vents??

no liv my birds all looking fine apart from the cock i took out i took out a hen also and a few that were fluffed

but all of them are fine and longer fluffed exept the one cock and possably the grey hen

5 birds all up i took out that was almost 2 weeks ago mabe a tad longer

but none with any sighns of sickness i took thoughs 5 out as they had brown staining about the top of their cere but apart from that nothing i treated them with oxymav b soluble broardspectrum antibiotic powder

then i freeked out and decided to treat the whole flock with oxy b which is stronger than the other one i was told

they are all beeing treated with the liquard ivomectom and on thursday i was told to give them chiorhexidine the vet said that i may of caused a yeast infection in my birds

im getting the whole flock teasted for everything when i move just incase

the vet said their all good

exept this one cock and im going to get him tested for other things after this treatment she wants to start at the bottom and work up see if he improves with that stuff if not then test him for the bad things to me this makes no sence but i am not the vet and am only doing whats instrucked

as i have had no birds die or become ill or bad dropings she thinks its all good even the bad looking cocks droppings are fine he is just breathing deeply and has the brown discolouration above the cere

but nolonger fluffed and sitting postured once again i am not risking putting these birds back with flock and will treat as new birds and quarinetene for till im happy they are all good

im sure they are fine but i have never had a sick bird so am freaking out abit as i know it only takes one split second for a flock to become unwell if something serrious is up

i will keep updated birds all happy as ,though i have got freash paper down morning and night to keep eye one dropings and have numbered birds per cage so i can view their behaviour

infact they seem happyer in the sun (my new aviry doesnt get sun at moment) so.....

well if anyone has any thing to say any thoughts please say as i could use something an opinion anything am i doing wrong or what

• Member ID:  3,771
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  39,450
  • Birthday:  09/04/1911

remember to give double strength pro biotic for 5 days after all medications.

I hope you find out what the problem is and are able to get it fixed up with out too much fuss.

I hope you find out what the problem is and are able to get it fixed up with out too much fuss.

what are pro botics liv remember i only started getting show birds this year so never had any problems before

its almost a turn off

almost...

the vet didnt mention anything about pro botics

personally i think im just a bit worryed as i never seen a bird sick in my aviry before so im treating everyone

my aviry floor is not wet or damp ever and i clean it (sweep )dayly i change water dayly and fresh food is only left in for two hours then removed between 9am and 11am only one bird has been sneezing the rest are looking very well although some are going through their moulting

regardless im keeping all birds till im positive they are all fine

are probiotics like yoguit ??????