Sign in to follow this  
2budgies

New Cockatiel Boy !

Yesterday I brought home a beautiful Pied Cockatiel "FLASH" who is a proven male (has fathered a couple of clutches). I suspect he may be split for Lutino as he has a small bald spot behind his crest. He's a real character, and his behaviour is very different to our Pearl Cockatiel "COMET". :hap: I'm hoping that means Comet is a girl, as my plans to breed the two later might not come off if she turns out to be a he! :hap:

I'll add photos of Flash tomorrow, had two busy days- I spent yesterday afternoon (and plenty of $$$) in radiology having some tests done, and my husband fell off his bike this morning, so half the day at the doctor getting him patched up :hap: ! Still had some time for bird watching though!

Edited by 2budgies

Oh i hope your hubby is feeling better soon :hap:

i look forward to pics of Flash - cool name by the way :hap:

Looking forward to pics!!

Congratualtions, look foward to pictures.

Love to see some pics too, can to take one of his under tail some how please :)

Here's Flash after he escaped the cage as I was trying to take a picture of him. :D

Isn't he cute! :)

January090165.jpg?t=1232616725

This one was on the flywire - Splat his tail feathers are mostly yellow with a few greys but no bars. I'd describe the grey tail feathers as looking like a shaded graphite pencil drawing, no patterns, just shading. Splat - let me know if you'd like me to have another go taking a photo under his tail. I don't know how successful I'll be because he's a fiesty little fellow, when he flew out I was like :o:rolleyes: ! Only not smiling so much at the time! :D

January090163.jpg?t=1232617121

My husband's had a rough day - his fever's been out of control followed by periods of violent shivering and vomiting . I tried contacting our local Casualty and got the impression they'd let him sit in the waiting room for a few hours then tell him to go home and rest. So we took a shortcut - stayed home to rest! I hope he doesn't get any worse. :( His wounds from falling off his bike yesterday look pretty sore so I've got him wrapped like a mummy! Thanks for the well wishes, I passed them on and got a smile out of him :)

Another attempt at Flash's tail feathers as promised:

January090167.jpg?t=1232673069