lil_fuzzy

The New Budgie

My partner is convinced it's a male, and that's what we wanted, but the person at the pet store said it was too young to sex. I wouldn't have clue, because I've never sexed babies. So any opinions?

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Edited by lil_fuzzy

:D that a confusing cere. i hate it when they show these, they look female, but also look like could be a male.

I think i lean towards hen. but thats not for sure.

Edited by **Liv**

It looks like a hen to me also.

I agree with Liv and say "maybe"hen.

Here is an example of the cere i am talking about.

P1010017.jpg

The baby on the left IS a clear hen, the baby on the right looks more like a cock, but is in fact a hen.... :D

I think your new bird is possibly the same. a cock would have a more consistent (and darker) pinky/purple cere

I agree with Liv, that exact type of cere is the hardest for me to sex.. but I lean towards hen too.

Right. Well only reason I wanted a male was because they're a bit quieter, but this new one has turned out to be very quiet anyway. Even when it hears my other budgie screaming at the neighbours budgies it won't care, it will just sit there and look around. It will occasionally scream back, but that's rare.

Thanks everyone:)

Right. Well only reason I wanted a male was because they're a bit quieter, but this new one has turned out to be very quiet anyway. Even when it hears my other budgie screaming at the neighbours budgies it won't care, it will just sit there and look around. It will occasionally scream back, but that's rare.

It sounds like a sweetie, does it have a name yet?

Yes, it's cute:)

No, no name yet. I named Poppy, so my partner gets to name this one, but he's taking his time deciding on a name:)

Here is an example of the cere i am talking about.

P1010017.jpg

The baby on the left IS a clear hen, the baby on the right looks more like a cock, but is in fact a hen.... :wacko:

I think your new bird is possibly the same. a cock would have a more consistent (and darker) pinky/purple cere

Hey you should enter this photo in Budgie of the month! Its so cute

I think summer is a perfect name for a bird like that!

Females are actually quieter not Males they need to sing, chatter away and flirt a lot so if this is a hen that you struck gold (maybe) because some hens are chatty too. It is too early to say if the bird is going to be quiet they are always quiet in the beginning within a month you will know.

Females are actually quieter not Males they need to sing, chatter away and flirt a lot so if this is a hen that you struck gold (maybe) because some hens are chatty too. It is too early to say if the bird is going to be quiet they are always quiet in the beginning within a month you will know.

If only humans were like this :D

If only humans were like this :D

you feeling henpecked JB ???

lqitync8u.gif

Hehe that picture is funny:)

So hens are actually the quiet ones eh? Try telling Poppy that...

Have you chosen a name yet?

Nope not yet, it's up to my partner, because I named our other one.

I suggested Jelena as a name for her to my partner today, but he exclaimed 'it's a male, I already told you!' but I told him everyone in here says she's prolly female and he went 'why would you even ask when I've already told you it's a male?!'

:(:D

I bet when she gets a crusty brown cere and lays an egg he'll just pretend it never happened :(

Thats confusing :blink: but I think its a hen!

Yep girls are definitely quieter. I'm swapping one of my indoor cocks for a hen, just so I can get a bit more quiet. lol

Yep, males are the noisy ones. My boy Hobbes seems to chirp all day non stop, while my female Clarie watches him.

Although there are days when my female is the noisy one. When she does her annoying ACKACKACK :D

yep I think hen too, confusing those type of cere's are though