brez

Movement At The Station , Finally

well i put three pair down what seems like an eternity ago and ive been really busy over christmas as im sure you can all relate to . so one pair didnt really work out , laid one egg then stopped :)

the othert 2 pair are going well though and im expecting chickies before this weeks over

this cobolt normal cock and spangle hen have 6 fertile eggs (100%) and first due to hatch 8/01 . and ive been told to expect the unexpected from them ???? im hoping for nice big cobolt spangle babies to put to violets later down the track

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

and the cobolt normal cock and fallow hen have 3 out 4 eggs fertile , first due to hatch 7/01

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

so hopefully soon i will have some jellybean pics to post soon , fingers crossed all goes well

hope all goes well :) looking forward to watching the chicks grow :D

yes me too love seeing everyones out comes

good luck

you have very nice birds. good luck

good luck

Look forward to egg and chick updates :hap:

Good luck :)

Good luck with them :)

Will watch this post closely for updates :D

thanks for the well wishes too ,there will be plenty of updates with cute little baby pics , i promise !!!!

Edited by brez

I love the spangle hen. Good Luck!

cobolt cock / fallow hen have their first hatchling today :lol:

it is very pale in colour though , almost creamy . and the eyes dont look as dark as i was expecting either :) , and dont look pink enough to be ino to me

oh well i will take some pics once the next one hatches

Congrats on the Eggies mate .... Hope they all stay healthy for you

That's great news. hope it isn's sick... looking forward to hearing good news :angry:

well this is going to be a very quick update of sorts ( no photos sorry , i havnt been able to bring myself to disturb them too much this early on )

the first chick from the cobolt and fallow seems to be going pretty well despite its pale colour , its well fed which is great :sadsorry: , 2nd due to hatch tomorrow as there was 4 days between laying the 1st and 2nd eggs . :)

the cobolt and spangle pair have 2 chicks now . first hatched yesterday evening and is an ino , this was expected as i was told these guys usually throw a high % of albinos . 2nd hatched early hours this morning and looks to have normal eyes

im not sure why they hatched so close together and at such odd times . oh well i will add pics of the cute little jelly beans tomorrow

im contemplating fostering 1 egg from the spangle nest to the fallow hen as she only has 3 fertile ones but i may wait and see how the ino chick goes first

sounds like things are moving nicely! ;) that's great news!

Sounds good mate .....

Good for you. It's so exciting, isn't it? :cake: Keep us updated and as always love to see pics!!!

well as promised here are some baby pics ( though not the best pics ever ! )

this is the cobolt/fallow nest ,

babybudgies.jpg

and this is the cobolt/spangle nest , biggest chick is the ino

IMG_0388.jpg

4 happy healthy well fed little chickies, though they are very camera shy :hi:

look great! very cute!

thanks JB they are cute i guess , but wait theres more . i was expecting the cobolt / spangle to chick to hatch today and it has , but the cobolt / fallow chick hatched today aswell . albeit a day early :fear . the little buggers have been hatching unexpectedly all over the place actually . maybe the fluctuating weather and temps have something to do with that ?

cobolt / fallow nest , the last egg is infertile so thats it for them . 3 chicks

IMG_0392.jpg

cobolt / spangle nest . 3 chicks now , 2 to go . last egg didnt develop even though it was fertile

IMG_0391.jpg

The strange weather might have something to do with it... I'm not sure.

well its been a few days now since i last updated . the 2 remaining chicks in the spangle nest hatched wednesday and thursday :D

the 4th chick i helped out of its shell very carefully as it was taking many hours to free itself . the 5th chick is an ino and hatched a day earlier than expected

all are doing well , even the 1st chick from the fallow nest which looked funny couloured is going really well now . i will do some new pics next week when the earlier ones should be getting some feathers

Hey Brez,

Congrats on your babies! One word of advice with the normal/ spangle nest i wouldnt move any of her eggs she is capable of looking after 5 babies if there are more 5 than move them but she seems to like it when they are left and the falow has only has only reared 3 babies at a time from memory. But whatever works. OOh and also watch the ino because they have a high mortality rate i have had a few die for no apparent reason. Goodluck with them. I am hapy that they have gone to such a good home.

Congrats Mate