Your User Name - What Does It Mean?

When I first joined here I had Angelic82 because i'm angelic *blink blink* no really its because my nickname is Angel and 82 is my birth year.

Now I have had it changed to Amy S - my name :offtopic:

Aha! Yes, I am pretty much renee everywhere too ... sometimes renee philpott as that was my maiden name before getting married a couple of years ago, it just depends when I joined a site before legally changing to my married name or after :P

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first joined here I had Angelic82 because i'm angelic *blink blink* no really its because my nickname is Angel and 82 is my birth year.

Now I have had it changed to Amy S - my name B)

Hi Angelic!! I didn't know Amy S was the same person! In fact, that explains why in one of your posts I called you Angelic on accident, cuz I must have posted it before the change. (On re-reading it I just thought I was stupid.)

Aha! Yes, I am pretty much renee everywhere too ... sometimes renee philpott as that was my maiden name before getting married a couple of years ago, it just depends when I joined a site before legally changing to my married name or after B)

I thought it was you on MBC when I was browsing today :( I've used my full married name on there

Hi Angelic!! I didn't know Amy S was the same person! In fact, that explains why in one of your posts I called you Angelic on accident, cuz I must have posted it before the change. (On re-reading it I just thought I was stupid.)

Hii Finnie :(:) no you're definitely not stupid. It would have confused me too if it were someone else doing it.

KAZ is short for Karen B)

Here in Asutralia we have a habit of shortening peoples names into nicknames.

Karen become KAZ or KAZZA

Murray becomes MUZ or MUZZA

Darryl becomes DAZ or DAZZA

Sharon beco0mes SHAZZA

Barry becomes BAZ or BAZZA etc

Dunno why, its just the way it happens around here.

I got called Kaz a lot over the years and it just stuck :(

Edited by KAZ
KAZ is short for Karen :o

Here in Asutralia we have a habit of shortening peoples names into nicknames.

Karen become KAZ or KAZZA

Murray becomes MUZ or MUZZA

Darryl becomes DAZ or DAZZA

Barry becomes BAZ or BAZZA etc

Dunno why, its just the way it happens around here.

I got called Kaz a lot over the years and it just stuck :wacko:

I don't think I care for this idea, Diana would become DIZ or DIZZA. Hmmm...... not the image I want to project! :lol:

I don't think I care for this idea, Diana would become DIZ or DIZZA. Hmmm...... not the image I want to project! :lol:

No, it would be Di. :wacko:

But I get your point B) Renée is such a beautiful name in French and Spanish but in Australian it turns into Rinaiiiii. (yuk!) :o

Edited by renee

No, it would be Di. :wacko:

But I get your point B) Renée is such a beautiful name in French and Spanish but in Australian it turns into Rinaiiiii. (yuk!) :o

I do like your name, and I don't think in an Aussie accent, so that never occured to me!

I still don't like the idea "Di" projects.....

I don't think I care for this idea, Diana would become DIZ or DIZZA. Hmmm...... not the image I want to project! :o

No, it would be Di. B)

But I get your point B) Renée is such a beautiful name in French and Spanish but in Australian it turns into Rinaiiiii. (yuk!) :wacko:

I do like your name, and I don't think in an Aussie accent, so that never occured to me!

NnnnYes. B) It never occurred to me either before coming back to Australia that my name would become so mutilated :lol: ... just another of those things one gets used to. :D

I have an on-topic related question for the Mods!!!

My display name thing that you see to the left is Edie, but my username for this forum is 'ultrav0x' after the awesome 80s synthpop band (I am shameless, yes).

I want to change my display name to ultrav0x as well... I checked out the help topics on this and it states there should be an option called 'Change Display Name' you click under 'Change Personal photo' but it's not there. Do I need a certain amount of posts before it will show up?

Great thread good to get the background of the nicknames. We are the 3 musketeers as there is my husband, our 4 years old princess and myself. To overcome the "why don't I have a brother or sister" question, we always say because we are the 3 musketeers! My husband also uses pl6608 on other forums as he is a plumber and thats his registration number.

I don't think I care for this idea, Diana would become DIZ or DIZZA. Hmmm...... not the image I want to project! :grouphug:

No, it would be Di. :(

But I get your point B) Renée is such a beautiful name in French and Spanish but in Australian it turns into Rinaiiiii. (yuk!) :P

Finnie hahahaha tha'ts funny! :D I'd never have thought that about the name Diana

And Renee - I've never ever heard the name "Renee" spoken in true Aussie bogan/country styles ="G'day Rinaiiii, wars garn orn larve?" HAHHAHAHA I've NEVER heard it like that but thats how it came across when you said your name.

I quite like the name Renee, some people spell it Rene (for a guy normally) and that's just as good :)

Going back to what Karen said about Daryl - Daz or Dazza etc, I frequently get called Aimz or Aims - my name can fit into that category :D

And Renee - I've never ever heard the name "Renee" spoken in true Aussie bogan/country styles ="G'day Rinaiiii, wars garn orn larve?" HAHHAHAHA I've NEVER heard it like that but thats how it came across when you said your name.

I quite like the name Renee, some people spell it Rene (for a guy normally) and that's just as good :)

Going back to what Karen said about Daryl - Daz or Dazza etc, I frequently get called Aimz or Aims - my name can fit into that category :D

Bogans, you think it is just bogans Aimz? :D

Actually for the first 6 months I used to stop someone after they mispronounced my name and firmly correct them - well that went down a treat I can tell you! :emoticon112: The look on their faces, "bloody foreigner, she's up herself ain't she?" B) So I don't do that any more. :D

Edited by renee
I don't think I care for this idea, Diana would become DIZ or DIZZA. Hmmm...... not the image I want to project! :emoticon112:

No, it would be Di. :D

But I get your point :D Renée is such a beautiful name in French and Spanish but in Australian it turns into Rinaiiiii. (yuk!) :)

Renee would be Ren or Rezza B)

I don't think I care for this idea, Diana would become DIZ or DIZZA. Hmmm...... not the image I want to project! :emoticon112:

No, it would be Di. :D

But I get your point :D Renée is such a beautiful name in French and Spanish but in Australian it turns into Rinaiiiii. (yuk!) :)

Renee would be Ren or Rezza B)

cough, cough - I BEG your pardon?! :D

Nooo, not just bogans and country people, all sorts, but those in particular came to mind as one of my friend's fiance is a country boy and he regularly says peoples names like the way you said Rinaiiii :)

HAHA Rezza :emoticon112:

Edited by Amy S

My display name thing that you see to the left is Edie, but my username for this forum is 'ultrav0x' after the awesome 80s synthpop band (I am shameless, yes).

I want to change my display name to ultrav0x as well... I checked out the help topics on this and it states there should be an option called 'Change Display Name' you click under 'Change Personal photo' but it's not there. Do I need a certain amount of posts before it will show up?

BUMP!

does anyone have an answer to this? Mods?

BUMP!

does anyone have an answer to this? Mods?

All you had to do was PM a mod or admin :emoticon112:

As useful as that last comment was, KAZ, I am still waiting on an answer.

As useful as that last comment was, KAZ, I am still waiting on an answer.

PM me with your exact request as only I can do these name changes not yourself.

My real name is Patricia and my friends call me Trish.

I love my budgies but i also spend a lot of time on my bum searching the net for info and forums so hence budgiebum

My real name is Patricia and my friends call me Trish.

I love my budgies but i also spend a lot of time on my bum searching the net for info and forums so hence budgiebum

Budgiebum is a great user name Trish! :thankyou:

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of a story behind mine the J comes from my first name Jody and lee is my middle name :budgiedance:

Our nick name is my first name and part of my wife's middle name and the numbers are our combined birth years

Mine is kind of a nick-name. I'm called Nat-the rat.

Mine is kind of a nick-name. I'm called Nat-the rat.

My eldest daughter is also known as nat the rat ( full nickname is NAT THE RAT, THE DING DONG BAT ) :)