Sign in to follow this  
melbournebudgies

How Long Should Poison Take To Work?

I caught a mouse in my live trap yesterday morning and it had been having a big ol'e chew on a bait block as it's poops were blue so I know it ate it. Thinking it was not long for the world anyway I let it go in the green rubbish bin and figured it would be dead pretty quickly. Well imagine my shock when just now I went to the bin and there was a little mousy face peering up at me :sad: Are my mice supermice resistant to tjhe poison or does it take a long time to work? The little guy looks perfectly health :bump:

Edited by KAZ

I always thought it took a few days to work :bump:

Hmm, in that case anymore I catch in the live trap that haven't succumbed to the poison yet might go in a disposable tub in the freezer for half an hour to 'end' things quickly and more humanely.

its quicker and humaner to just knock them on the head. Just not very nice for you

Yeah I can't do that :( The freezer is pretty quick because of how small they are, they go into like a coma within a minute or two and then they just stop breathing

There is also a bucket of water too. Actually there is a trick with a bucket of water for catching mice.... i cant remember what it is :( .... but there is something you put in the water and they jump right in and drown themselves.

NO WAY! Hillarious. Would it kill your birds too tho?

NO WAY! Hillarious. Would it kill your birds too tho?

yes it would if you put it in the aviary. I remember a member saying once that s/he had a bucket of water outside the aviary and they would find drowned mice in it all the time :(

Ah clever!

It seems to take a few days, i put baits out on saturday and found they had eaten all the bait on Monday but i did not find a dead mouse until today at the front of the aviary.

Doesn't it say on the package of poisen?

that is ODD, do a google on the net of the product and active ingredents, I know you will find the answer that way or if there is a phone number to call to ask questions.