Mice!

Guest YoYo

Has anyone ever used one of those Ultrasonic mice repellers near their birds?

If so, did it disturb the birds in anyway? - they claim not to

and do they actually work?

Any input would be appreciated, as I live in an old terraced house with an ongoing mouse problem, it's the whole row of houses, not just us, so even if you get rid of them for a while they still come back.

thanks!

• Member ID:  70
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  847
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,535
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  30/09/1969

contaminate the food cause them stress

I don't think the mice could get anywhere near the budgies cages and all their food is stored in sealed containers, but I want the mice out of the apartment. I can't use poison bait or traps for obvious reasons so I wondered if these sonic devices are any good

Guest hommer2054

:(

I use traps outside as I have a cat and cannot use baits

The sonic mouse things use electric pulses and your home wiring to send a pulse around your home

PERSONAL I don?t think they work at all

If you have other animals then you could try my trick I got an old bird cage put it on the floor with seed in it

After awhile when I saw mice were using it I introduce traps into the empty cage so my cat could not get in there as you know how cats are

And I had great success with this method as no baits were used and none of my friends were harmed

Now your saying how did the mice get into the cage da!

Well mice can get thru anything but I left the cage door open with a wooden peg

But not wide open as I did not want my cats nose in it

I can just imagine seeing poor old fluffy running around with a mouse trap on his nose ouch that would hurt.

:D

Thanks everyone! Gonna see how it goes, there's been some building work downstairs so I'm praying it's just a temporary "eviction" for the mice - I'm hoping that it doesn't get any worse like last time - one even jumped over my shoulder as I was sat on the stairs talking on the phone!! They don't really freak me out TOO much, it's more for the surprise factor and hygiene point of view.

Guest Julie

We did a have a mouse visit once so now we have the sonic deterrants and the budgies don't act any differently to before(and we haven't had any more mice either!)

Julie

dont know if people saw it but there was a programme called river cottage he had mice caught them and let them go after a while he marked some with lip stick and found they were just returning

got to agree

when we had mice i used that method that i showed you and they didnt come back although they did come in with some gerbil food so they didnt find an enterance from outside so couldnt you just find where they come in from block that enterance then they wont be able to come back in?

Guest pixie25

there could be several places where they are able to get in. especially in terraced housing. they can get up the pipes and into the lofts and all sorts. also, if you live in a built up town they will find a way back into the house because it is warm and they know there is food in there. the 'humane' trap is okay if you have a meadow at the end of your garden to release them into! :D

I can't really block up the holes as I've got sanded floorboards with holes everywhere, at the backs of the cupboards etc. and the mice come in from between the pipes too. I've managed to block up the holes in the kitchen and bathroom as there are new modern floors in these rooms. I think I'm going to give these sonar devices a try as I know the area where they emerge from, hopefully this will at least deter them, there still doesn't seem to be any more signs of them since I found the baby one in the bath - I let him go outside in the churchyard, by the way,I couldn't bring myself to kill him - but where there's one baby there's bound to be more..

Thanks for the input Guys

YoYo

• 11 months later...

• Member ID:  1,796
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  894
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,145
  • Birthday:  04/04/1978

Hi Yoyo, was just wondering how you got on with those sonar traps? we are having the same problem - been using traps and chocolate and we have caught quite a few but I hate having to pick up their wee bodies. :) was going to try the deterrant instead. any good?

thanks

ali