Sign in to follow this  
Jen144

Weird Budgie...

One of my female budgies is weird..When I put her in the breeding cage with her mate, she does the head-bobbing to the male, taps her beak on the perch, sings to him, etc..He seems rather confused about it, but I've bred her successfully before. Does anyone else's budgies do this? As far as I know it's usually the male who does the courtship behaviour to the female...

Sounds like she is initiating that she is interested in him and waiting for his response.

Hmm it seems she isn't a very picky bird...she does this with pretty much every male budgie she sees, not just her mate. :P

If only all hens were that easy :hap:

:rip: She's one kinky budgie... and just wants some loving!!! lol If she was human, I think she's be the one asking for her boyfriends hand in marriage! -_-

Guest DrNat

The animals are getting smarter! I have snag squire budgies that incubate the eggs while the hens are out to eat and drink and preen herself, I have hens that chat up the squires, talking budgies, chickens that have learned to climb up the wire fence to get out of their coop, and my cats have started coming with me on my daily walks up and down the street!

LOL - this is the 21st century...maybe feminism is starting to hit the animal kingdom :D