• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2,075
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

If you ever see inflammatory or derogatory posting by a member ....AND it concerns you....hit the report button so we can deal with it. Many times we staff see things that shouldnt be "aired" and make them INVISIBLE until another staff member assesses a situation. No big decisions are made on BBC without all available staff discussing behind scenes and making a united decision. This is the management of BBC not a one person dictatorship. We all have to answer to someone here.

Warnings will be issued for repeat "offenders" of bad behaviour.

A member may be put on "moderated posting" privileges........this mean they can post but noone can see it until a staff member has approved it to be visible. This moderated posting may be indefinite or temporary. We have a couple of members on moderated posting right now due to complaints about behaviour or posts. We wont tell you who.

No member will be automatically deleted on the say so of only one staff member or admin. All available staff members must be involved in decision making about disruptive members where possible.

If you ever see a member go "missing" as in no longer here and you have a concern PM staff for an exlanation if required. Dont ever assume we hit the "delete" button for members for minor issues. There is a lot goes on in the background of running a big forum than many realise and we dont take our "punishments" or discipline areas lightly. If someone is deleted it is either at their request or due to long and protracted issues "behind scenes" where the member wont settle down and abuse is constant.

I hope this helps in your understandings of how BBC works behind scenes. :)

Agree, times 1000000000000000000000000. Well said Kaz :) .

For some reason this post has come up on my Screen all blurred and I cannot read it , Can admin please explain?? B)

Like ya Avatar Mae's

B)

• Member ID:  3,838
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  27,580
  • Birthday:  20/04/1979

If you ever see inflammatory or derogatory posting by a member ....AND it concerns you....hit the report button so we can deal with it. Many times we staff see things that shouldnt be "aired" and make them INVISIBLE until another staff member assesses a situation. No big decisions are made on BBC without all available staff discussing behind scenes and making a united decision. This is the management of BBC not a one person dictatorship. We all have to answer to someone here.

A member may be put on "moderated posting" privileges........this mean they can post but noone can see it until a staff member has approved it to be visible. This moderated posting may be indefinite or temporary. We have a couple of members on moderated posting right now due to complaints about behaviour or posts. We wont tell you who.

No member will be automatically deleted on the say so of only one staff member or admin. All available staff members must be involved in decision making about disruptive members where possible.

If you ever see a member go "missing" as in no longer here and you have a concern PM staff for an exlanation if required. Dont ever assume we hit the "delete" button for members for minor issues. There is a lot goes on in the background of running a big forum than many realise and we dont take our "punishments" or discipline areas lightly. If someone is deleted it is either at their request or due to long and protracted issues "behind scenes" where the member wont settle down and abuse is constant.

Agree, times 1000000000000000000000000. Well said Kaz B) .

For some reason this post has come up on my Screen all blurred and I cannot read it , Can admin please explain?? B)

Like ya Avatar Mae's

B)

What happened to leaving things in the past? :) Time to move on and build one of those bridges Matt, and remember your part in all of it too... not so mister innocent.

... and thanks, my avatar is pretty cool if I don't say so myself :)

• Member ID:  5,835
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  361
  • Achievement Points:  2,075

I hope this helps in your understandings of how BBC works behind scenes. B)

Agree, times 1000000000000000000000000. Well said Kaz B) .

For some reason this post has come up on my Screen all blurred and I cannot read it , Can admin please explain?? :)

Like ya Avatar Mae's

B)

What happened to leaving things in the past? :) Time to move on and build one of those bridges Matt, and remember your part in all of it too... not so mister innocent.

... and thanks, my avatar is pretty cool if I don't say so myself B)

Yep that bridge is just about a highway now mate, It was just some light hearted humour for Kaz , thats all.

Your toooooooo Cooooool B) , you Melbonite :)

• Member ID:  5,901
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  388
  • Achievement Points:  2,097
  • Birthday:  01/01/1994

Just a little topic to let members know what goes on in the background of our forum.

We, as staff, are not paid for what we do. We volunteer our time. When you see us "on" we may not seem to be active but we are constantly doing tasks to tidy up the forum and keep it running smoothly.

Here are some things that we do.....

We fix your typos...the worst cases so they are readable

We fix your posting errors

Fix photos links that arent done quite right

Tidy up your posts

Move your topic into the correct area when you post for instance...budgies for sale under budgie pictures

We remove any direct contact details from for sale and wanted to buy. Remove phone numbers and email addresses as they are not allowed

We change over sized photos to links

We send you PMs directing you if you have any issues

We send you PMs if you misbehave :lol:

We contact you to tell you we have moved your topic into the correct area

We contact you to ask you to resize your new oversized signature

We contact you to ask that your minor chitchat goes into PM mode and not distract someones topic

We split topics, when a subject has chaged direction in content.

We delete double posts and topics posted twice

We delete multiple topics about the same subject, when one topic would do

We make inflammatory posts invisible until a decision can be made on the topic.

We delete any spam that creeps througn by accident

We tidy up old posts and topics

We remove old topics that have outdated and non workable links

We delete the very old and unused memberships

We advise you about your oversized photos and offer to help fix them

We merge a topic into another one where a member opens a new topic where they should have added to their original topic.

We try and answer all newcomers with a welcome

we put up a list of what we do

ADMIN do a whole lot more on the inner workings of the forum.

Site promoters have sleepless nights trying to think up fun things for you to do.

.........and MUCH, MUCH MORE !!

These are just some of the things we do silently in the background. Some of these things annoy some people and other see it for what it is. To keep the forum running smoothly, working well and readable.

:D

Cheers KAZ

Co Admin

:angry:

• Member ID:  4,130
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25,112
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

just a query, is the member informed when they are put on moderated posting? Or do I just guess that everyone is ignoring my posts? :angry:

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

just a query, is the member informed when they are put on moderated posting? Or do I just guess that everyone is ignoring my posts? :hap:

:angry::lol::D You are a funny man JB

PS Yes the member is informed and you arent being moderated :rofl:

What happened to the rest of my post... Did you edit without editing KAZ??? Is that another one of your special powers???

:angry::hap::lol::hap::D:hap:

What happened to the rest of my post... Did you edit without editing KAZ??? Is that another one of your special powers???

:lol::hap::D:hap::rofl::hap:

No editing JB........have you lost something ?? ( your mind ? ) :angry:

Hahaha you're only just thinking that KAZ??? I lost it a looping time ago.

• 1 year later...

Just a little topic to let members know what goes on in the background of our forum.

We, as staff, are not paid for what we do. We volunteer our time. When you see us "on" we may not seem to be active but we are constantly doing tasks to tidy up the forum and keep it running smoothly.

Tidy up your posts

Move your topic into the correct area when you post for instance...budgies for sale under budgie pictures

We remove any direct contact details from for sale and wanted to buy. Remove phone numbers and email addresses as they are not allowed

We send you PMs if you misbehave ;)

We contact you to ask that your minor chitchat goes into PM mode and not distract someones topic

We merge a topic into another one where a member opens a new topic where they should have added to their original topic.

Site promoters have sleepless nights trying to think up fun things for you to do.

These are just some of the things we do silently in the background. Some of these things annoy some people and other see it for what it is. To keep the forum running smoothly, working well and readable.

^_^

Cheers KAZ

Co Admin

BUMP

for those that need reminding that we mods have a job to do and are not paid for it nor thanked all that often either. We are not here to steal peoples posts or run a dictatorship. We do what we have been asked to do by the nature of our job and due to request by site owner.

I was recently chastised by a member due to me moving a misplaced post by a new member. The member being new didnt know where to put his first post as often many new members do not. They generally tack them onto some other topic. Our job, when we find these misplaced first posts is to seperate them out into a new topic where they as new members will be seen and welcomed and answered. I did that as part of my job and was told in no uncertain terms by the member who had started that topic ( where the new member had mistakenly posted ) that my explanation for doing so was bullsh*t amongst other things.

These are the things or jobs we moderators and admins do to keep the forum running smoothly and a job we do as we have been asked to do it. We dont do things just to specifically get under anyones skin. It takes a great deal of our personal time and most of it is work done behind scenes.

It is very easily for our work to be misconstrued and CRITICISED :(

Edited by **KAZ**

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

You mods do a great job ;) , and I don't think other members should be bullying you for doing your job. I think next time someone says Bull **** to one of you, they should be blocked for a couple of weeks, that will teach them to watch what they say. :P

Hey Kaz when are we getting our much loved emotions back on track.

I have been urging some work in that area but so far nothing. The new system isnt as easy to load up new ones as the old system :(

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

I have been urging some work in that area but so far nothing. The new system isnt as easy to load up new ones as the old system :(

I wish we can have the old system back, much more friendlier than this new one. :( and I use to love my emotions :wub:

The emoticons will be back at some point.

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

just to say thanks kaz for editing my dyslexic mistakes :blush:

lol like the time i wrote stroke it genitally :unsure: lol omg :wub: the things you fix and no one but you and i know lol

THANKS KAZ

Edited by birdluv
sorry GB l did not edit anything, I just hit the wrong button.

• Member ID:  5,779
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  497
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3,455
  • Birthday:  07/08/1989

I have to chime into this thread and say:

THANK YOU MODS!

You keep peace among the budgie forum.

If it weren't for this forum I would never of started to breed budgies, nor joined a club or got more than one budgie.

So thank you again :)

• Member ID:  3,838
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  4,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  27,580
  • Birthday:  20/04/1979

Tidy up your posts

We send you PMs if you misbehave ;)

^_^

Cheers KAZ

Co Admin

BUMP

for those that need reminding that we mods have a job to do and are not paid for it nor thanked all that often either. We are not here to steal peoples posts or run a dictatorship. We do what we have been asked to do by the nature of our job and due to request by site owner.

I was recently chastised by a member due to me moving a misplaced post by a new member. The member being new didnt know where to put his first post as often many new members do not. They generally tack them onto some other topic. Our job, when we find these misplaced first posts is to seperate them out into a new topic where they as new members will be seen and welcomed and answered. I did that as part of my job and was told in no uncertain terms by the member who had started that topic ( where the new member had mistakenly posted ) that my explanation for doing so was bullsh*t amongst other things.

These are the things or jobs we moderators and admins do to keep the forum running smoothly and a job we do as we have been asked to do it. We dont do things just to specifically get under anyones skin. It takes a great deal of our personal time and most of it is work done behind scenes.

It is very easily for our work to be misconstrued and CRITICISED :(

BUMP BUMP BUMP Please read the above section, AND below!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

just to say thanks kaz for editing my dyslexic mistakes :blush:

lol like the time i wrote stroke it genitally :unsure: lol omg :wub: the things you fix and no one but you and i know lol

THANKS KAZ

lol. This made my day :lol:

Sorry about your post GB. I thought l had hit the reply button but instead l hit the edit. I feel like saying "doh".

Edited by birdluv
  • 6 months later...

I know you guys already do heaps, but have you thought of Creating a Facebook group that is linked to this page? Might be a new way to get new members onboard.

I know you guys already do heaps, but have you thought of Creating a Facebook group that is linked to this page? Might be a new way to get new members onboard.

We will put it to the original owner/creator of BBC for you JB :)

So now would be a good time to say how awesome ~The Netsta!~ is? LOL.

Edited by JimmyBanks