• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  490
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  22/07/1975

This is how I got to this website! Because I miss my boy, can not sleep and then look for places on the internet where I can find budgies... pictures and lots of them...

Montie was our second baby. The first was Arend (Afrikaans for Eagle) :) . The "r" was a nice sound that he would have learnt. He was quiet and was only 4 months old when he died. He got caught in something, after getting sick anyway. We don't know if it was because he got stuck or because he was weak... I cried, and hubby got me a new one.

Montie, was the tip of our hears. A cock, could talk like a real chatterbox, non-stop. He is my avatar. How did he die?

We are immigrating to Canada, and we got him a new mommy. We were too afraid that we might loose him because of the flight (possibly getting too cold). He was so prone to cold... in winter, if he was not right next to the heater, he would suffer. He didn't even want air! He just wanted heat. I would close him up with 5 big towels, put him underneath the table where I put the heater... and he would be O.K.. Nothing less, and his droppings were wet! Oi! So, we didn't want to take that chance, fearing the lack of heat for two days to Canada will kill him. His new mommy was so excited about him. She has 15 other parrots, of whom 3 are small, (one is a blue Lovebird called Blue and two other (Blob and Missy) are Budgies). The rest are big parrots, one is an African Grey (5 of them) who has only one leg. She is a Vet's Assistant... Anyway, we left him at her place for a week to make friends with the other's (from within his cage) as he was an only child and not used to other birds... not even thinking of the bigger ones! Must have looked like monsters to him... On the last day, just as we went to pick him up, he jumped of her shoulder, tumbling to the ground (top heavy because his wings were clipped), landed on the tile floor and broke his beak. A week later (after a lot of visits to the vet) he died. We are prepared to spend thousands more money to have him back...

Since that is not going to happen, I will have to surf my broken heart on this forum to my heart's content.

[Ps. this is also my introduction... I am a female, 33 years, emigrating to Canada within the next few months (been approved (Yay))! A full time student studying from home, hubby is a software programmer.]

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

I am so very very sorry for your loss. You have not had a good time of loving and losing your special feathered friends :)

What a tragic accident and one that could not be anticipated :(

I hope you will stay and become a part of our community

Cheers Kaz :angel1:

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

I agree with Kaz, I know how you feel in the aspect of lossing such a good friend I have had 2 loss over the last 2 years that results in Pretty passing away our budgie & our 18y old mixed breed shephard there is such a void there. ((hugs))

• Member ID:  4,561

Thanks for the support guys. People tend to laugh at us when they hear we are crying about our Montie. I am definitely staying here now. If I knew about you guys, I would have been here earlier.

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

l'm so sorry for your loss :P

l understand when you say people laugh at you for grieving for a bird, l'm still greiving over my 2 budgies that passed away, awhile ago too :hap: my family do not understand me either.

so l come on this forum to be with other people who are like me and understands.

Edited by birdluv

• Member ID:  3,838
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  4,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  27,580
  • Birthday:  20/04/1979

Hi and welcome Montie. I'm very sorry for your losses and only wish you had come here on happier terms. I too understand how you are feeling and my friends and family also don't really understand the connection I have with my guys. I have had birds for awhile now, but they are in an outside aviary. It is hard to loose any pet and I completely understand your loss and grief. I do hope you stay around, and in time, when you settle in Canada (congratulations by the way), you are able to get yourself a new little friend.

I look forward to getting to know you further, and again, biggest (((((((hugs)))))) for your losses. maesie xo

• Member ID:  3,275
  • Topic Count:  321
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  31,845
  • Birthday:  22/05/1980

I am sooo sorry to hear about your losses.

• Member ID:  4,288
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  317
  • Achievement Points:  2,300
  • Birthday:  11/09/1991

l'm so sorry for your loss :)

l understand when you say people laugh at you for grieving for a bird, l'm still greiving over my 2 budgies that passed away, awhile ago too :) my family do not understand me either.

so l come on this forum to be with other people who are like me and understands.

I know what you mean, when I noticed blood on poor little Auzzie's wing I wanted to take him to the vet but Grandad said he would be alright and wouldn't pay the vet bill because It's just a bird. In the end I asked my Grandma and she and I took him to the vet we didn't think anything would be seriously wrong as he had no signs of any sort of sickness except for a bit of blood but it turned out far worse than that. Buts that what a lot of people say, why bother it's just a bird they don't live forever.

You guys are the best. Yes, I am sticking around. You guys have a new active member. I will keep the Canadian flag hanging high! :D Thanks for the congrats Measie. We are much exited; in a sad way...

I am definitely on the rebound stage! I am so broody, am willing to adopt all the budgies at the SPCA in Calgary! I just need to get there. See they have 4 lovely ones! Realizing that I am on the rebound stage... and still grieving, hubby is pulling back. Luckily we are not in Calgary yet, so will HAVE to wait!

Buts that what a lot of people say, why bother it's just a bird they don't live forever.
I know! Here are some dodgy shops around here. Wish I could shut them down sometimes. They make our furry friends suffer so much! Justifying furry-animal cruelty because of our little helpless friend's value! Budgies should be made much more expensive, I think! Even the toys are more expensive! It is NOT right! Edited by Montie

• Member ID:  3,771
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  39,450
  • Birthday:  09/04/1911

I am so sorry for your loss :D

People around me don't understand why i cry when i loose one of my budgies either. I guess everyone has their hearts in different places.

I am so pleased you are sticking around. :wub:

All the best with your big move.

liv xoxo