Sign in to follow this  
bird_paradise

How Often Should I Worm My Avairy Birds?

Hi,

Just wondering how often I should be worming my birds? Also, has anyone ever used the Whistler brand from Coles? Any good?

THanks,

SAm

I worm mine about once a month (it's just easier to remember :D ) As far as the cles brand as long as it has the appropriate active ingredients it shouldn't matter what brand you use. Steer clear of anything that has Piperazine as the only ingredient as this is limitted in what it treats.

Thanks MB. Do you know what the active ingreds are? It says that it contains them but I just want to check.

THanks,

Sam

The two that are in the one I use are Levamisole and Praziquantel, there is another one which is listed in the other worming thread about which product which has Praziquantel and something else.

mine get wormed each change of season ( every 3 months)

I do mine every 3 months too

I worm my birds once a month during summer and every three months the rest of the year.

Should add the main reason I do mine monthly is that I have a dirt floor in my aviary which I feel increases their chances of getting reinfested, I would probably only do it every three months as others suggested if the floor was concrete or if I only had cage birds.

Should add the main reason I do mine monthly is that I have a dirt floor in my aviary which I feel increases their chances of getting reinfested, I would probably only do it every three months as others suggested if the floor was concrete or if I only had cage birds.

Me too :hap: soil floor in the existing aviary but soon to change with mods to aviary :blush: