Oh dear...

Guest TeGz

The last few days, mums partner has been painting and sanding the dining room. Those of you who have renovated know how much that damn dust can get around.

We've been keeping Merlin outside away from the dust, but this morning i noticed he sounded just a *teeny* and i mean teeny bit sinusey... He's just breathing normally and then he sounds like he's a lil stuffed up.

His food hasnt changed, his environment hasnt changed, and he's been kept away from other birds. After what happened last time I'm not going to take any risks with my little boy.... Do you think it's possible he's just a bit allergic to the dust?

I'm going to watch him like a hawk and if he is still breathing weirdly or its gotten worse, he'll be off to the vet ASAP and no doubts about it.

*touch wood* That he's NOT sick... I don't need another huge vet bill! :(Laughing out loud):

Gotta love him though, he's starting to moult, but he nearly has full flight back and it's funny to watch him go huh how'd i get here, i didnt know i could fly :)

Guest Imotive

(Laughing out loud) but i don 't think they can be allergic to the dust but you know even humans don't like dust to much it makes u ssneeze and stuffed up not alleric...

Guest pixie25

i know that humans are supposed to wear masks when sanding walls, the dust is extremely fine and can cause problems in the lungs if a lot has been inhaled, as birds are smaller, he may just have a little dust in his throat even though he is being kept away from the paintwork. i know my throat feels dry after painting and decorating!

keep an eye on him for a few days, he should be fine though if he was kept outside, away from it :)

He was doing the whistling breathing a few times when i uncovered him this morning... and he did the beak clicking puffy thing too... and i hadnt even got him out of the cage, and he's a bit quieter than normal ;)

Off to the vet on Tuesday if he is still doing it. Will ring vets tomorrow AM to see if they are concerned.