Sign in to follow this  
NickNack

His Screeching Is Killing Me !

OH OH .... I may have another cock then.

The temperment of this bird is making me wonder. This bird SINGS ! It SINGS so pretty ! It has lots of ranges & goes high & low & is so sweet to listen to. It's not just a one single light chirp that I am told is what a hen does. This bird sings ALOT !

The more I look at the cere the more I think its purplish pink ... its dark.

AYE AYE AYE !

Photo please ?

Guest Phoebe

:hap: The females sing a bit but the males BLAST their lungs out and are more melodic, believe me, I have 5 males here!!! :wub: Again, a picture would be nice to sort gender out.

But then you also get the hens that are the odd ones out. My Nikio who is definately a hen, due to her sex linked trait (opaline) bobs her head and sings a bit.

You think the opaline gene because it came from the male make it acts more male like that is an interesting theory? :)

As for there cere check this link and and tell us what your bird's cere looks like http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/faqs/i...&artlang=en

If the cere looks white tan, dark tan, dark brown then you have a hen it doesn't matter the mutation. :)

It does sound like you have the sexes reversed. Hens do make a monotone chirp that resembles a grating-sounding 'cheep', I rarely hear it from mine unless one of them is "in a mood" then it can get annoying. I have 4 hens, and they do occasionally sing like males so that is not unheard of either. The girls also head bob and occasionally regurgitate for each other, and make very soft warbling sounds. As mentioned before, hens will have white, whiteish-blue, tan, or brown ceres that appear scaley or wrinkled. The males will have blue, bluish-purple, or pink ceres and they are much smoother in appearance. Can you post any pictures?

I wish I had a camera ... I don't. Not even a cell phone cam. I'm poor ! I am below poor. But at least I have the internet !!!!!!

I am stumped on this one. I love that you all are trying to help me here. I am impressed by all your ideas & the time & effort you have shared.

Thank You !

Did you look at the links that I provided with pictures of ceres Nick?

this is what the cock looks like CopyofDSCF0264HobbsMaleWeebil.jpg

& the hen looks like this.CopyofafterpixSaucyMyHen.jpg

Your hen, if she looks just like the above picture, then she is a hen.

This is what a male Recessive pied's cere will look like

pic_cere_rp1.jpg

Hope this helps

That helped greatly.

Now I know for sure ... my hen is a HEN ! A mouthy singing freaky fun over rambuncious crazy happy hen ! ( that acts like a male )

I took the Weebil to a new Avian vet yesterday. I didn't take the hen. I have no problems with her.

I'm sure he could have told me what she is. He has Budgies of his own.

That helped greatly.

Now I know for sure ... my hen is a HEN ! A mouthy singing freaky fun over rambuncious crazy happy hen ! ( that acts like a male )

I took the Weebil to a new Avian vet yesterday. I didn't take the hen. I have no problems with her.

I'm sure he could have told me what she is. He has Budgies of his own.

Great to hear! She sounds very sweet indeed ^_^

that is great that you have found a good avian vet ^_^

You think the opaline gene because it came from the male make it acts more male like that is an interesting theory? :glare:

No haha I didn't mean that, I meant I knew she was a girl, because she was an opaline. Hehehe