Sign in to follow this  
Guest angel121

3 weeks in breeding cage no eggs

Guest angel121

Jack and Jill have been in their breeding cage for three weeks now. I spoke to a breeder who is in all the budgerigar world mags called Mrs Al Nasser and he said it would not hurt to let Jack out as he is a pet budgie and seems to want to come and see us. I have let Jack out for a fly every now and then and Jill calls to him in a high pitched chirp. He is very affectionate to her when he goes back in the cage and is shoveling food down her like it's going out of fasion. What i was wondering is will he automaticaly know what to do as she sits next to him and flicks hers wings slightly and seems to bow her head and do little soft chirps. Is she saying she is ready and he is ignoring her? Should i give up on them or leave them for another week?

Can anyone advise please.

Than ks

A :):)

Guest Cindy

:):) How old is he and what colour is here cere? It should be a darkish brown if she is

really ready to mate?

He will certainly know what to do, what male doesn't. (Laughing out loud) If she's old enough give her a bit more time.

Cindy

three weeks is the longest i leave a pair then if no eggs break them up for 7 to 14 days then if in condition try again. ghalib and janice Al Nasser are some of the most successful breeders and showers in the country and you wont go far wrong if you listen to their advice

Guest Nasal_Tufts

Don't give up on them yet. It took me over 6 MONTHS before I finally got my first egg out of one of my 3 pair.

I wouldn't give up. :) I'm sure you'll get there eventually.