• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  795
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

So after having Scooter and Bella for a year and a half, I've decided I'd like to add to my little flock. Budgies are just so addicting! :budgiedance:

I'm going to be getting 2 more budgies. I work at a bird sanctuary so they are both coming from there. We have a few handraised babies that aren't quite weaned yet, but when they are, I will be choosing one. The other is a little older baby. He's from a different clutch, but was also handraised and is just the sweetest little thing. He will also be coming home with me.

So my question is, if I already have a male (Scooter) and a female (Bella), and I will be adding Sweeney (male), does it matter if the fourth bird is male or female?

Guest lonebudgie
So after having Scooter and Bella for a year and a half, I've decided I'd like to add to my little flock. Budgies are just so addicting! :budgiedance:

I'm going to be getting 2 more budgies. I work at a bird sanctuary so they are both coming from there. We have a few handraised babies that aren't quite weaned yet, but when they are, I will be choosing one. The other is a little older baby. He's from a different clutch, but was also handraised and is just the sweetest little thing. He will also be coming home with me.

So my question is, if I already have a male (Scooter) and a female (Bella), and I will be adding Sweeney (male), does it matter if the fourth bird is male or female?

In my veiw No it wouldnt matter either way , but if you had three females to one male there may be fights

• Member ID:  3,634
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,442
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  15,475
  • Birthday:  10/11/1989

I agree with lone budgie, the more females... the more problems ( Rule only applies to the budgie world of coruse) :glare:

So i'd try for 1 female and three males... as 2 hens may become a bit viscious... but then again.. it could always work well :hap:

• Member ID:  2,618
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  94
  • Achievement Points:  795

Thanks for the advice. :) I will be bringing Sweeney home tomorrow so hopefully all will go well. I'm not sure of the sexes of the other babies just yet, but there are 3 to choose from so hopefully at least one will be a male. They won't be weaned for another couple weeks, so I'll just have to wait and see. I was wanting to get another male, so it's good to hear that yall think another male would be a good idea.

• Member ID:  3,977
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Achievement Points:  230
  • Birthday:  03/11/1974

So after having Scooter and Bella for a year and a half, I've decided I'd like to add to my little flock. Budgies are just so addicting! :yellowhead:

In my veiw No it wouldnt matter either way , but if you had three females to one male there may be fights

I agree, I have 3 females and one male. At times the girls can be quite mean to him and it stresses me out