• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,442
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  15,475
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/11/1989

Hi guys after seeing shells post on her "other birds" i too thought it would be cool to share some pics of the rest of my avian family other than the budgies...

I dont have pics of all of them, but most :) i hope you enjoy...

leroy.jpg - This is Leroy. He's around 7 1/2 years old now and we've had him for close to 2 years. He sits out back on his cage all day, gets down eats the grass hops back into his cage has his seed and water and basically lives the life of luxury being a freerange cockatoo. he talks a little bit but isn't that great, his old owner named him and taught him how to say his name so although we suspect "leroy" to be a "leroyette" the names unfortunatly stuck with him. He's a very sexist bird and prefer male company. If he's on the round i'm nowhere to be found, as i value my toes :rolleyes: My partner bob is lucky enough to have formed a bond with him and can do anything with him (cuddle him, pick him up by his beak, play eskimo kisses, anything) and although he's extremly loud and can be annoying i think he was well worth the small fortune we payed for him.

raspeberry.jpg - This is Raspberry i'm unsure on any details of this bird as he was given to me for free by someone who didnt want him. He also talk and blows raspberries (hence the name). He loves his head scratches but doesnt like to come out of his cage, so he stays in there at all times which according to him, suits him well. His favourite hobbies include ripping up the towel that hangs on his cage and putting it,along with seeds in his water bowl... i know odd hey? :P

kikilala.jpg - This is Kiki and Lala (Kiki on the left Lala on the right) Lala was my 18th birthday present from my partner this November just gone. She was only 6 weeks old when we got her and has since grown up into a beautiful girl. Kiki was my partners 21st present in April 2006. They were both hand raised and are both extremly tame. Kiki wolf whistles, say hello, his name and laughs like a dirty old man :P Lala is yet to pick up speaking, but has half of the wolf whistle down pack. Their favourite foods are Bottlebrush blossoms and honey.

casper.jpg - This is Casper. He was my selection of the 13 weero's we hand raised to keep. Even though he's now close to ten weeks old the little sook wont wean of hand rearing mixture, but it works well as it's keeping him well without dropping him in the deep end without it.

bubbles.jpg - This is Bubbles. He or she is my partners pick of the 13 weeros to keep. He was the youngest bird we got and was only a week or so old when we started hand raising him. He's now around 7 weeks and i would say probably the most tame of the babies.

Lovebirds.jpg - This is my flock of 5 Lovebirds. R2 (the dark green peachfaced) was hand reared with his brother who since passed away 4 years ago. Minty( the light green creamy peach faced) was purchased as a friend to accompany R2 everyday when his brother passed. Touki (the green fischers) was then bought as a female to break up the bond of r2 and minty as they had turned gay. The last two unnamed birds i beleive are called Lutino peachfaces, were bought as more females to add to the mix as touki apparently "didnt do it" for either R2 or Minty. Since then Minty has bonded to one of them. They all live in an aviary of their own with 3 nestboxes. Touki the only suspected female stays to herself in one, Minty and a lutino share one together and the other two have the last one. All seems to work well and i find them to be very adorable birds to watch.

Weerogang.jpg - This is a picture of a few of the Weeros in the aviary taking a break. The top right bird is the only named one. He's my tame boy called Charlie. I've owned him for atleast 5 years now and when this aviary was built last summer we decided to put him in there. He seems to enjoy it very much in there and although he's become more distant he will still sit on my shoulder, eat my jewellery and take the sunflower seeds and vegies offered to him. There's another few weeros in the aviary including 2 disables but they had decided they didnt want a picture and scattered to variious perches to avoid the photo.

Well that's it for the birdy tour, i hope you like the pics and info :)

• Member ID:  3,906
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  303
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  2,270
  • Birthday:  25/09/1993

i really enjoy seeing other peoples birds other than budgies i think that we should make this post so that other people place photos of their other birds... so what is everyone waiting for??? get posting! :rolleyes:

• Member ID:  3,727
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  290

what beautiful birds you have i love raspberry and casper whiteface pearl pied is next on my list to get they very pretty thanks for sharing

• Member ID:  3,634

casper is a normal white faced pearl :rolleyes:

• Member ID:  3,838
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  27,580
  • Birthday:  20/04/1979

What a nice selection Lib. Bubbles looks like a little cheeky devil... very cute :(Laughing out loud):

• Member ID:  3,776
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  556
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  4,660
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

You have very beautiful birds libby. I love the lorikeets, they have such vibrant colours :rolleyes: .

• Member ID:  1,938
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,201
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  8,740

They are all very pretty, especially Leroy :)

• Member ID:  3,904
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  400
  • Birthday:  24/04/1992

you have some beautiful birds

• Member ID:  2,952
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  6,745
  • Birthday:  16/05/1972

Oh my goodness.so many birds.I hope to rescue a cockatoo and galah one day when I have more room.Birds are so great how they have different personalities aren't they.thanks for sharing and all your birds look healthy and happy.

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

Libby I enjoyed seeing the rest of your "flock" family they are all so beautiful and healthy ;).

Thank you for sharing.

• Member ID:  3,867
  • Topic Count:  198
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,737
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  11,910
  • Birthday:  25/09/1970

you have a beautiful bunch of birds especially the lorikeets

• Member ID:  3,235
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,965
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  12,755
  • Birthday:  20/08/1940

Thanks for sharing your birds; they are very nice…that Dark Green Lovebird with the Black head is a Normal Masked Lovebird. If you don’t know, the various breeds will breed together if given a chance…crosses between Fischer’s & Masks will be fertile [able to breed] but crosses between the Peach Faces with either Fischer’s or Masks will produce infertile [mules].

• Member ID:  3,634

Bloody shame the only female seems to be the masked :D she doesnt want a bar of anyone and vice versa... Seems like she even speaks a different "bird language" when you're out there listening to them :D