Sign in to follow this  
BudgieBudgie

The Happy Couple!

Lily and Chai, have been preening and feeding eachother a lot lately! I'm trying to talk my mom into letting me breed them! :oliveb:

ChaiLily.jpg

If I did breed them, does anybody have any ideas on what I would get??

Assuming that Lily is a recessive pied unless Chai is split to recessive pied you would get all normals with yellow faces maybe a surprise white face if Lily is a df yellow face. Of course there could be sex-linked surprises that Chai can pass off to this daughters. :D

Chai would still be a bit too young for breeding, so you would need to wait until he is around 12 months of age minimum. It's cute to see them preening each other and indulging in mating behaviour. But to breed they must be old enough to raise a family the whole way through from egg laying to feeding to fledging.

Isn't it funny, reading back when you first got Chai, how he was mistaken for a girl budgie ? Now there is no doubt he is a boy. And his colouring is stunning :D

http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index....topic=12073&hl=

Edited by Bubbles

Yeah....I know they have to be a year old, and Chai is only 6 months old....but, it'll probably take me that long to talk my mom into letting me!! (Laughing out loud)!! :D

They are pretty birds. Aside from the other breeding reasearch you will need to do -- you may want to consider what the demand for budgies in your area is. You mentioned that you had quite a few to choose from at the humane society. Would it be hard to find Good Homes for the babies? some budgies don't stop at just one clutch either.

Guest Phoebe

:ausb: Very good points Hurdy Burdy, but indeed they are a handsome couple. :greenb:

your budgies are stunning .

You would get half yellow faced babies and half white faced babies. Chai is only a single factor yellowface.