Sign in to follow this  
Guest odins13

Quiet Budgies

Guest odins13

hi guys,

i think i have a strange lot of budgies! i had one in the aviary by himself and just got another 3 babies (off a breeder). since the new ones have gone in, none of them seem to be making any noise, except first thing in the morning. they are all getting along well, sitting on the perches together, and generaly following each other around. they're all healthy and eating well, just really, really quiet.

is this normal?

:(

I don't know what is going on lately as mine have all been very quiet too, Two of my 3 month old chicks dont make any noise unless they are preening each other, then its only a quiet chatter. I'm also looking after two 4-5 week old chick that are absolutely silent.

Cindy

Guest odins13

i wonder if this is a seasonal thing, because my cockatiels (not in same aviary) have quietened down as well

My 170 or more budgies are so noisy I am expecting complaints from the neighbours :(

I don't have any of those quiet ones either!

Is it a new mutation??!!?? :):):)

Edited by budgie_addict

Guest Shellball

My husband would love them!!! He goes a little crazy trying to watch TV with my crew "making a joyous noise"! (Laughing out loud)

Guest bugie-girl

mine are silent to! I don't know if it's serious but it's really wierd!

No mine are loud. but only between 6am and 6:30pm other wise they sleep. :offtopic:

Edited by daz

On a more serious note, remember that quiet budgies can also be a sign of ill health. Check them for dirty vents. If the three new ones went in with the existing budgie with no separate quarantine period of at least 30 days, there may have been an introduced illness. They may need worming. Check them over or have someone qualified look at them for you if you are worried at all . Just in case. :wub:

Edited by Bubbles

I agree how are they doing?

What sex are they? Hens will generally be quieter than males, who tend to chatter constantly.